Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Since i didn't have my paints with me while on break, i was hungry to get back to it. I guess i wasn't as full of turkey and stuffing as i thought.
As I'm posting this, i saw on his left leg that he's got an unpainted seal. Dang it!
I made the bands on the blade smaller.
Added more metal details.
Added more accent color.
Tested two new paint color (silver grey, red. And German Grey). Each did great.
His backpack gave me some trouble. I was gluing it on, but the post didn't push in and then it broke off. Ended up doing some surgery back the but it's on.
By Hack Mini Painter
Been a while... this project took some time. The shoulder and knee pads were a lot of "cut and paste" (read kitbash). This isn't strictly the "Emperor's" lore, but I'm just a painter so I do whatever I like. I've also been a bit obsessed with fluorescent paint lately, and the plasma gun got the full treatment.
In the end I didn't try pushing this project further as I was just running out of gas. Perhaps I could have left it on the "shelf of aging" for a while and come back to it, but in the end they made a sweet squad that I'm pleased with. See the sides, back and all that. Here.
Thanks for checking it out,
I started my Benedikt Project. It is going to be a present for my brother Benedikt.
I assume this guy will take me a very along time. The mini sits on my desk for s long time but Progress is slow. Maybe Posting here will get me some Motivation.
I will try a style with stark contrasts of light and dark like some of Frazettas works.
The mini will get a special Base but that is a long was to go.
So lets get started.
Started this guy back in 2010 and, after eleven years of on and off work (mostly off), I'm going to say he's finished. There are things I could do better now than when I started him, and certainly areas I could try to tweak more, but I'd rather save the energy/time for another figure. 54mm Games Workshop "Brother Artemis" Space Marine from the old "Inquisitor" game. Made a few minor tweaks (repositioned the sword) and left off a few bits 'cause I didn't like how they looked. Base was sanded down and then rebuilt with plastic card to look industrial. Nowadays I can just buy 40mm bases that are done this way. It was actually the first part thing that got painted which meant I had to be careful when I was painting the figure! Painted primarily with Reaper paints.