I found myself lacking native islander types for my ongoing Isle of Dread game, so I had to improvise a bit.  I tried to pull together a bunch of pieces that could work for encounters with the locals.

Grundor was the one I had already tried to give a different spin to, with an African theme and a lionskin cloak.  I figured I had enough Nordic Viking/Berserker types and could use him for something else, having gotten him with the second Kickstarter.

The rest were pulled from varying bins.  

First, the Reaper minis:

post-390-0-50332000-1460642515_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-97694900-1460642516_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-89199600-1460642517_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-21594600-1460642523_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-32263600-1460642524_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-85179800-1460642525_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-13522800-1460642527_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-00602600-1460642534_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      I know I haven't posted in a while, but I still check in daily on the friendliest mini-painting forum on the web!  Still lurking here while pursuing my obsession with OSL. 

• By Rat13
      Like the title says this new year marks the start of my fifth year of miniature painting. Though I've managed to learn a lot both through this forum and the internet at large I still haven't learned proper layering. To anyone who has ever stumbled across any of my projects I'm sure this comes as no surprise. So armed with a Reaper gift card, obtained over the holidays, I decided it was time to finally learn layering. 

If it wasn't clear I picked up the 2nd Learn to Paint kit.

With the instructions in hand I started work on the first model (77068 Anirion the Elf Wizard). Oddly enough after four years of painting this will be the first wizard I've ever painted.

Just like the first Learn to Paint kit the instructions are great. I actually got so caught up in going through the steps painting the robe that I completely forgot to take pictures. That may not sound like a compliment but believe me it is.

After just an hour or so I ended the night with a very nice looking cloak. Though I must admit I didn't push the shadows or the highlights nearly hard enough it is still a great improvement over my usual results. 

• By [email protected]
      first order - buying packs of goblins, orcs, skeletons, the mercenaries
      can't find a way to search for such larger groups . any suggestions ??
    • By Lidless Eye
      Seemingly unrelated to each other, but I swear all these minis were drying from the sealer by 11:23pm on 12/31/2020.

Here are....Lidless Eye's Last Minis of 2020!

A Winter Wizard from Reaper Miniatures oh wait it's Santa, isn't it?

To back him up, some friendly Reindeer to back him up.

Wait, I'm being informed they're actually Grashrak's Despoilers from Warhammer: Underworlds

The last bit of their native habitat, a fallen tree (3D print from The Lost Adventures)

A creepy Scarecrow Puppet familiar from Reaper Miniatures.

Arik Axereaver, Barbarian, acquired as a bonus along with the Father Christmas.  His head seems to reflect everything in the lightbox.

And doing what we all should from the last year, the Fleeing Halfling from Warploque Miniatures.  He must know Johann.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)