Siri's Bones Mass-Paint #8: Gnolls and Bugbears

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long did i take you? 

I am still working on my last gnoll. 

um...i've been workign on them off and on for a long time, barely touching them for almost a month due to all the IRL stuff going on. Really i'd chalk it up to a few hours, give or take a few

• Like 3

I love bugbears and yours are awesome! Nice paint jobs and I love how you made them distinguishable from each other. I haven't painted any gnolls yet but with all of the fine examples I have seen here lately, I need some! (They also give me flashbacks to when I was a lowbie playing WoW!)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Crowley
      The bugbears that came in Bones 3 (the 4 identical ones) all had really floppy maces. Last night I decided to do something about that. One got a plastic ax from the weapons sprues, while the other is getting a spear based on a bamboo skewer. I'll be adding a proper spear to the tip of the skewer made out of greenstuff, but I need to make it first. 

• By Pineapple
      These guys had been sitting on my desk of unfinished minis for a long time, so in February I finished them up for the "finished, not perfect" section of the Jan/Feb RP Challenge.  Total models for January/February 2019 ended up being 5, but that already is more than I typically get done in that span, so I'll call it a win.

Thanks for looking!  C&C welcome.
    • By giyomuSan
      Hi guys,
      My take on this bad boy :)

• By AutumnHare
      I’m a bit late, but I finally started back painting late last year. Here’s what I managed to accomplish in 3 months.

And a few close-ups of my favorites...

Goremaw the Scarlet Worm is over in the Large Mini contest:  

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/73889-2017-annual-contest-single-figure-100mm-reaper-entries/&do=findComment&comment=1669304

A Yeti (77436) in a non-standard coat pattern

77418 Xiao Liu
      (Painted as a Pathfinder Suli: none of the official artwork shows them as having discernible pupils.)

77511 Xiloxoch, Guardian Naga

Gorilla from Bones 3

77232 Mogg, Bugbear Warrior

• By Crowley
      I'm a little (a lot) behind on my threads, and even more so on getting to work on May's figure of the month. It didn't help that I didn't order him until the middle/end of the month.

I started last night... Prep was done in the usual way, first by washing in warm soapy water, then attaching him to the cork. I then cleaned up mold lines, though I missed a few. Mainly the one running across his knuckles on his left hand. Then I painted on a 5:2 brown liner & flow improver mix. As you can see below, I'm working on a few other minis too. The orc and werebat will get their own threads later. 

Tonight was blocking in base colors, and working a bit on the skin. I'm sticking with the gnoll theme I did way back in the chainmail days with the gnolls all being demonic, to one extent or another. So they all get greyish fleshy faces, hands, and feet. I used Void blue for that, then mixed in cloudy grey to bring the color up. The fur was Nut Brown, with the ruff getting some Vallejo Red Leather. The cloth is Dragon Red, as are the lips. Everything that is going to be metal got a coat of Black. 

And that's where I'll pick it up tomorrow!

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome!
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)