Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

77343: Goroloth

great) and inspired me how to pain my own goroloth miniature

it looks that it's usual problem, my goroloth comed without fin too...

aw....damaged fin buddies? 

if you email Reaper's help email, they might send you a replacement part

Edited by Sirithiliel

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      Terrain and minis. List to come
      Starting with soapstone statue of Dagon

• By Crowley
      In Bones 2, Reaper had several large sea monster creatures, one of which, the Goroloth (Reaper’s answer to the Aboleth), came in the Expansion 2 set. This was one of the figures I was least interested in, and figured that if I ever got around to painting it, it would be because I was trying to finish up the set. Primordial evil fish monsters just aren’t my thing.

Of course then my DM decided to introduce one into her game… so… Now I’m painting an aboleth.

My inspiration from the 2e Monster Manual.

After digging it out of my boxes of Bones minis, I did my usual washing in hot soapy water and scrubbing with a toothbrush. Mold lines were minimal, and ignored, but I did notice that the plastic on this guy was much softer than I’m used to. Reminded me a lot of Kaladrax’s head.

Along with assembling, I went to the 5e Monster Manual to check on the size of an Aboleth. Large, aka a 2” base. Far too tiny for this mini, so I upped it to a 3” base. I glued the flying stand to the bigger base, and then covered it with blocks of cork attached with hot glue. I was picturing an underwater ruined palace. Sadly I don’t have a good statue that I could have ruined on the base.

Once the mini was all assembled, I primed it with Blue Liner, and then blocked out the colors with Deep Ocean Blue, Oceanic Blue, and Marine Teal.

The bony bits were painted with bone, as were the stripes on the tentacles, while the gills and suckers on the tentacles were painted with Monster Maw. The many eyes were painted with Heraldic Red. I then gave just about everything a wash with GW’s Leviathan Purple. It seemed appropriate.

Returning to the base I primed it with black craft paint, and then dry brushed it with Mountain Stone, with more and more linen white added to it. I then applied dots of Jade Green to look like sea moss growing on it.

I still need to bring the highlights back up, but this is where he's at now:

Gonna call that ready for game! 
    • By Goddesstio
      So... I got into D&D last year because of my husband. I liked it, but I really like painting the minis for our campaign. I used to paint as a kid; I'd go every weekend with my grandmother and we'd paint ceramic figures (think lawn gnomes) while my mom worked. So when I got into dnd and started painting, I had fun and have since painted a ton of stuff. Now I've got some skills but one of the new things I wanted to try was blending. I've never done anything like it, and when my husband got me a Goroloth I decided he would be my experiment piece.
      I'm not good at choosing my own color schemes, so I looked up some stock images and found this:

And that's where I decided to start from.
      I based him in a darker purple and blue

And then things went downhill

I added a light mix of pink and purple, but even though I don't want there to be too much dark purple left - mostly around the edges - the lines look too solid to me. I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong. Did I not thin it enough?

I tried to go back and wet blend in some of the original purple base to soften the edges but mostly I don't think it worked.

I do like his tentacles though. Those mostly worked

If anyone has any idea how to salvage him please let me know, otherwise I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too much to repaint him in the base purple and start over or if I should just put him on the shame shelf and buy a new one to try again

Edit: Sorry I have no idea how pictures work either. 
    • By DocPiske
      Had this one done for a while, just too lazy to get out the photo booth.

I was inspired by the old Disney 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Nautilus.

The last thing some adventurers ever see...

• Who's Online   40 Members, 1 Anonymous, 294 Guests (See full list)