Scenery on the cheap: ideas

Pingo

I've also been collecting this kind of molded pulp packaging. I haven't found much that's useful at n-scale for CAV, but I have been slowly gathering enough different shaped pieces to make an interesting 28mm Tatooine outback town for a Star Wars miniatures battle.

Never did anything with these except collect hordes of them

(They are the dividers from bulk boxes of 4' florescent lightbulbs)

005_8.jpg

I similarly have hoarded like bits from computer packaging from my time at the computer section of our local campus Bookstore.

Like you, I have not got around to using any of them for anything yet.

Edited by CarlZog

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I showed these before, but for 10mm gaming, Audio casette tape cases are your friends!  The height of a tape case is pretty darn close to one story in 10mm and they look great when stacked.  Also they all seem to be made of some sort of styrene so you can use plastic glue or superglue.

I buy cassetes 10 for a dollar at the resale shops and even use alot of the innards of the tapes themselves.

The vehicles and infantry below are 10mm

703814.JPG

703805_md-10mm%2C%206mm%2C%20Buildings%2

More buildings here:

http://chicagoskirmish.blogspot.com/2015/04/small-scale-building-commissions.html

They don't even have to be that fancy to look good. I made a set of 8 for a buddy that used a much more limited selection of parts
DSC03738_zpsjhruybs2.jpg
See them all here:

Also, to give credit where due, the idea isn't original to me.  I got it from Ironhands.com in the Gundam section.
Edited by Eilif
  • Like 11

Not sure if I showed these before, but for 10mm gaming, Audio casette tape cases are your friends!  The height of a tape case is pretty darn close to one story in 10mm and they look great when stacked.  Also they all seem to be made of some sort of styrene so you can use plastic glue or superglue.

I buy cassetes 10 for a dollar at the resale shops and even use alot of the innards of the tapes themselves.

The vehicles and infantry below are 10mm

WOW!  Those look amazing - definitely going to borrow that idea! 

• Like 2