Sign in to follow this  
MrNutt

89001 Pathfinder Red Dragon, RAFM Elf Halberds, Crucible 91-221, Ral Partha 03-209

Hello again everyone. I've been working away at trying to improve my painting.

Reaper Bones 89001 Pathfinder Red Dragon

post-14727-0-60640200-1460823298_thumb.jpg

post-14727-0-42768400-1460823299_thumb.jpg

This is the model that made me place my first Reaper order and get back into painting. I've started using sand for basing again and I really enjoy the fine texture it gives. I tried using sealer to "save" my work a few times on this model but I never ended up removing my mistakes, instead I just painted over them. I think this has left some of the details a bit gloopy (e.g. the horns). Overall I am pretty happy with it but I would love to hear any comments. Once I know he is done I am going to Dullcote him and then put some gloss on his tongue.

RAFM Durnaoth Elf Halberds and Ral Partha 03-209 Elf Standard Bearer

post-14727-0-67388500-1460823300_thumb.jpg

post-14727-0-01480700-1460823302_thumb.jpg

I bought these off eBay not really knowing what they would end up looking like. I find the standard bearer looks a little goofy (reminds me of the Planescape Torment character models) but I really like the Halberdiers. They were weird to assemble, as they were molded with their right hands attached to their thighs. They had to be cut off and their arms bent into place. I still feel like there is a little something missing. Again, any feedback would be great. I am planning to get some gloss spray (Krylon maybe?) for these guys and then I will dullcote them. I will test that on the standard bearer first. My fiancee wants to set them up with the dragon somewhere in our apartment.

Crucible  91-221 Orc Eagle Knights

post-14727-0-80158800-1460823302_thumb.jpg

Another eBay purchase where I had little idea what I would be getting. I was really excited to find out that these are orcs with an Aztec spin. They are almost where I want them but I still have a few things left to do. Let me know what you think.

Thank you!

• Like 7

Just took the standard bearer out to test the Krylon UV-Resistant Gloss varnish on him and he rebelliously leapt off the stick he was blu-tacked to in-transit and divorced himself from his banner. I had to settle for testing out the Dullcote on the Valkyrie I painted previously.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Minehermit
      I have wanted to get into painting for a long time and have watched days worth of videos on it. i think it shows in how my first minis came out.
      the first was a reaper kobold and he looks a bit sloppy. (on the card for the hobby holder i got because i could not find anything else to put him on for the pic lol)
      next was a blue kobold and a baby dragon, I was still working on how washes work with the blue kobold but the dragon came out better.

now the one i did today

I am pretty proud of him, for being my forth mini i think he looks really good. he is colored like a ring neck snake.
    • By bailey03
      It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to share one of my current projects. I started on this 70mm orc from Yedharo back in October. I took a break from it for a while and just recently got back to work on her. When I first saw the sculpt, for some reason I immediately pictured a blue orc. I know a little untraditional, but I like to switch it up from the standard green. One of the things I wanted to work with on this piece was the use of ambient color/light. I pictured her standing over some beast she'd killed and wanted to show the light reflecting off of that and onto the orc. Since she's blue, I decided on red for the beast. It's not the easiest thing to see in the photos (the effect is more obvious in person) but you can see it most clearly from behind. When I start on the armor I'll be doing the same thing and it should be even more pronounced there since metallic objects can pick up a lot of light/color from the other objects in the scene. I'll be painting her with TMM, so there's going to be some experimentation as I work matte colors into my metallics for the reflected light.

My latest progress has been to build the base. I'm not much of a sculptor, but I've been getting some practice in over the past year and feel a bit more comfortable tackling something like this. Overall I'm pretty happy with how the base sculpt turned out. Now I'm curious to see what I'll think of it when I finally start to paint it! Having the base is also nice as, when I start on the metallics, I'll have a more precise reference to work from for the reflections (instead of just the vague idea I had when I worked on the skin).

• By Downfall
      I recently finished a group of Reaper Bones miniatures. As they are so small they were a little hard to paint at some points. I'm fairly new painting miniatures so I was looking for some feedback and potentially some tips on how to improve in the future. All comments, advice, and constructive criticism is welcome. 

My own main criticism with them is the highlights as I'm not 100% where/how to paint proper highlights to make a natural look without a ton of brush strokes.

• By Venun
      My wife, @Shinma, started to paint the Clockwork Dragon several years ago. 
      It got to a point where the body was nearly done, and the wings and base remained.

We had prepared a big gear salvaged from a monitor stand, sanded down by a friend.

Then, inspiration and drive was lost and it sat on the shelf, staring at her, unfinished.

Recently she allowed me to finish it. I did the wings, small part of the body, along with the base.
      Here's our result!

• By lazarp
      My starting warband for Mordheim is finally done! Hope you like them! 

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)