Miniatures in Movies/TV/Media

72moonglum

Elementary had a recent episode (we watch them on demand, so I have no idea when they air) where one of the baddies is located due to his miniature war gaming hobby. I was squirming in my seat, going "noooooo! Don't associate the hobby with those people!!!!!" But they didn't, really.

• Like 4

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hubby and I are watching all of Columbo, and we just watched the TV movie Grand Deceptions from 1989.  There was a huge war game setup with Civil War soldiers, that the bad guy used as his alibi (not a spoiler).  At the very end it showed a Columbo mini in the diorama, I thought that was very funny.

• Like 6

Was rewatching season 4 of The Librarians awhile back, and they had an episode with a D&D game in it - there were shelves of minis all along the wall in the guy's basement where they were playing. In the episode commentary, you find out that one of the production people brought in his own collection from home. You never really get a clear look at them, but I recognized some of the old WotC plastics and the figures they're playing with on the table look like they're actually old Dreamblade figures.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 6