• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I just don't think I can justify the prices. I guess the only saving grace is that I already have many of the Dragon Lords boxes they have here.

But I have to say it was a shock to see these. Didn't realize this store bought old collections. Just found that they have a few old Grenadier and Ral Partha blisters. Again fortunately, I already own the ones that would've tempted me.

• Like 7

I'm out of the store and now sitting in my car. All the dragons are still safely sitting on the shelf.

As tempted and great as it was seeing them, I couldn't justify spending that much on nostalgia. Not when my want list is already so long and I have other miniature/hobby projects that I'm trying to work on.

So yeah. I'm just basically trying to convince myself that I've done the right thing.

• Like 14

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cursed13
      Most of these aren't up to date and I've changed bits of them here and there since these, I'll be saving those shots for the finished product, but hopefully you enjoy the journey.

• By Citrine
      This interesting mini is the Earthdawn Female Orc Beastmaster on Turtle from Hearthbreaker (SKU 323).  Not sure I like the red hair, especially in the picture it is quite bright, it is a bit more muted in real life.

• By Citrine
      This is 3 of the elves from the Grenadier Elves Sinister box set (SKU 3002).  The rest are on my painting desk, in various stages of completion.  The rightmost  swordsman had a miscast, so he got a spider shield from my bit box.  He was originally dual wielding.  From the back you can tell that his hand is not really there.

• By Chaoswolf
      I just finished painting this figure yesterday. It's from the old Grenadier boxed set 'Fighting Men' #2005. Not really a whole lot to say about him, I spent about 3 hours painting him to a good tabletop level. I got a little burned out on painting for a while, feeling like I had to paint everything to a competition level. Well, sometimes it's just fun to slap some paint on a figure in a few hours just to take your mind off of other things. I had just forgotten that somewhere along the way.

Anyhow, here he is, let me know what you think.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone. Here it is, I completed my chimeric aberration. At the heart of the barren wasteland, during a cursed journey to redemption, the champion met a limping chimeric aberration. It has the main features of a giant hound, a vulture head stretches out of its right side and a hulking insect head sits on the left side.

Every part I used are from Reaper Miniatures. The main body is a 02817 Moor Hound sculpted by Ben Siens. The two extra heads are from 03069, Hooked Hulk sculpted by Michael Brower which are included in 03440 creature components pack 2. The spiked tail is from a 14456 Mastema sculpted by Julie Guthrie, included in 03334 Creature Components. The wings are from a 03641 Gunslinger model sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I finally swapped its left side paws for claw and a palmed foot at the back. These parts are part of the 03440 creature components pack 2.

The colors are all Reaper MSP paint. I was inspired by the Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore for the main body. The additional heads have traditional vulture and praying mantis colors. Due to the large size of the monster, I built a 50mm wide base. I plan to create the stats for this monster and build a surprise encounter for my fellow D&D player. Let me know what you think about it.

Here is the link to the WIP.

More pics under the spoiler.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)