This week I completed my first unit from the Reaper Bones CAV Strike Operation Kickstarter, the Ashigaru missile launcher vehicles.   Im using them for a ruleset other than CAV, so have them based two to a platoon stand, with a company HQ stand included.    I was happy how quick and fun the Bones vehicles are to paint, and look forward to doing more.  

C & C welcome.

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6782.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 16

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/dreamforge-games-grav-stug-tank-model-with-stl-fil

This is a relaunch of the project that failed to fund a few days ago, they're trying reducing the cost and relying on people picking up more kits overall to make the numbers work (1600 rather than 1200 kits). I hope it works

(3D print to show size)

• By tombwalker
      1:32 LandRover Grand cost of £4.99 and lots of bits from my junk box.

• By kristof65
      OK, since the sculpting part of my Tycho AFV is done, I'm continuing the rest of the build here.   If you want to see the modeling and printing portion of the Tycho, go here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77726-tycho-afv-for-my-nova-corp-soldiers-wip/

I'm building this vehicle as a light tank for use with my NOVA Corp soldiers. First off, if you haven't read the sculpting thread, here's what the Tycho looks like. The 80010 NOVA Corp Sgt standing next to it has just been selected as the tank commander:

I haven't been designing models for 3d Printing for very long, but I have already gotten in the habit of creating my designs to use small pilot holes and small pieces of raw filament to align and pin pieces together:

I basically glue the filament in one side, and trim to fit into the other side. Then test fit, and glue. 

The two turret halves went together the same way.  Unfortunately for him, my NOVA Sgt had to sacrifice his legs to become a tank commander.

However, it's much easier for him to fit in his tank this way:

Next up was the first round of sanding.  As you can see, the print has lots of ridges.  The camera really magnifies them, though - they're actually 0.15 mm apart, and they feel a lot smoother than they look. After the first bit of sanding, I did some gap filling, and filled in a couple of holes I decided not to use because they got support material stuck in them. Next up will be a light sanding of the filler (Pro-Create) and then a coat of automotive spray primer, followed by more sanding. 

And here's what it looked like when I called it for the evening:

• By Silver Jack
      Hi,
      I have finished two warbands for test of honour!
      Finally I can play more advanced scenarios.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Rocky and Bullwinkle naming aside, this is the truck. I originally started building it as a follow up to the death dumpster, but it fit together neatly enough I decided to see how it looked without orking it up. I still haven't decided if I want to clean it up and gap fill, or add a bunch of plates bolts and teef.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)