• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say she looks pretty great.  Smooth lines, realistic cloth folds, natural stance.  A more natural pose with a gun would be directly over the elbow (the idea being to take the weight off the arm holding one like that), but otherwise (and just still) superb!

• Like 1

Nice I really like it! 

Thoughts: up near the beginning of the brain tails they seem to protrude out. I think the transition is smooth for Twi'lek's. Or at least not that protruded. Second, the gun looks a little big for her hand or at least the handle does.

That being said, I'll take a copy of that miniature when you are finished ::): I really like it and there are not enough Twi'Lek's in the world. ::P:

• Like 1

Thanks to all for the appreciation!  As said, i have plenty lo learn about sculpting, and i'm happy to have gathered up the motivation to keep on improving!

About the size of the pistol...yeah in the pics i noticed it too, i have to check if it looks the same in real too.  Probably it's because i started sculpting the pistol with leftovers putty while i was still working on leg/torso of the miniature, so it finished to have a bit thick handle for her to grip securely.  And right point about the pose, having the pistol's weight fall vertically on her forearm would have looked more "relaxed" and comfortable as a stance.

• Like 1

Please explain to me why you learned to sculpt... and then stopped!

Seriously.  This is very good work.  If I had a need of a Twi'lek smuggler and this was on the market, I would buy it.  

• Like 1

This looks good. If I was to find anything to comment on that hasn't been mentioned it might be that the knee pads seem a bit high and that the way the material flows it seems like it wants there to be straps for the knee pads. That said, it looks better than a great deal of the official WotC pre-paints in scale and proportion and as a miniature it has charm and character without being busy.