Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

Genestealer Matriarch, GW

Very cool!  I've always had a fondness for genestealers.

Likewise. I love Aliens, too.. and have gone with a sort of silvery-black, Geiger-like scheme for my Tyranids. 

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 2

Very cool!  I've always had a fondness for genestealers.

Likewise. I love Aliens, too.. and have gone with a sort of silvery-black, Geiger-like scheme for my Tyranids.

I noticed! It works really well with the model! It turned out really wonderful! :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks for all the nice words. I updated the first post with his display base. I put it together from some random things in the bits pile, some straws and a broken key-chain-thingie. The base itself is an icecream lid.  

• Like 2

This fellow placed 3rd in the competition in which it was entered over on Yaktribe. It was unexpected. I kind of just joined, merely because I had something to paint; that matched the category involving lurking monsters, 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      So recently one of my wargaming friends has been really trying to get someone in our group to kitbash together some Imperial Guard Rough Riders. Not exactly sure why he doesn't just build some and I had decided to just ignore him when inspiration hit. While hanging around some GW kit bashing forums I came across an image. 

I have absolutely no idea where this image actually came from, it was a repost of a repost. In the end it didn't matter though, I knew I could pull off something similar and more importantly I could build most of the project using only pieces on hand. Only needing wheels and bases means these will be very cheap to make.

After getting lucky on eBay I have a ton of guardsmen, but ten of them just don't fit my current army. They do however fit this project perfectly. Step one was getting them off their bases and that GW plastic melting glue really made that hard. Luckily I was able to get them all detached without injuring myself. 

The rest came together really quickly. I swapped out some arms, trimmed some sprue pieces, raided my bits bags, and trimmed down some toothpicks. Here is my final result.
      Closeups

Now the search for wheels begins.
    • By planetmut
      Vending Machine Tech (Grade C) Dave thought he'd sneak off to Deck 17 for a quick cig.

Dave can rest in peace knowing the rest of his crew will be dead in 11 hours, the Hyperion mining colony slaughtered by Monday and Earth's population wiped out by July.

(I cannot believe I primed, based, shaded/highlighted the parasite only to end up plastering it in Vallejo Red and B4TBG)

• By NyarlaBcn
      In the spirit of this colorful june, my hommage to my community ^^ 
      I'm a bit hesitant with the tattoo's outcome, but besides that pretty happy with the result. 

If anyone wants to visit my insta gallery & give it a like & follow it means everything  ^^ its @albertnyarla

• By Rigel
      A good friend gave me this out-of-production Tomb King for my birthday last month; it is a fabulously detailed sculpt, with vulture motifs and fancy collars and greaves. My Google-fu is weak, so I don't know its exact designation beyond "Tomb King on foot," but you might know better! 

I decided to give him a monogrammed cartouche on his tattered robe; I had looked up Neferkasokar for a Call of Cthulhu game previously. 

I wasn't sure what to make of the tattered stitched-together sheets on his kilt and shield, so I decided they would be papyri with apotropaic ensorcellments and spells. 

And while I was on the subject, I gave a touch-up to some of the other mummies and ushabtis I'd previously painted.

• By Rat13
      With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).

But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.

Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)