Ghetto Miniatures New York Bop Is Now Live On Kickstarter

iG2EHfM.jpg

New York Bop by Ghetto Miniatures is getting relaunched on the 1st May, after coming so close to funding first time around, hopefully with a restructured campaign they will fund this time round.

New York Bop is a tabletop skirmish game set in the 1970s, gangs battle it out over a campaign map of the New York City boroughs or just in one-off games.

There are 4 starter gangs to choose from, with various pledges ranging from just PDF rules to create your own gang member.

Il post the start time once it has been determined by Ghetto Miniatures.

Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/ghettominiatures

TyM8D9T.jpg

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Like 3

What is this, "Warriors" the minis game?

ETA: I'm a bit slow sometimes.

There are aspects of this game I'm not comfortable with. I'm going to give it a pass.

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 3
After a slight delay New York Bop is now LIVE ON KICKSTARTER and already 50% funded.

New York Bop is a tabletop skirmish game set in the 1970s, gangs battle it out over a campaign map of the New York City boroughs or just in one-off games.

There are 4 starter gangs to choose from, with various pledges ranging from just PDF rules to create your own gang member, every pledge comes with a free Exclusive Kickstarter miniature "Caesar".

The four starting gangs are The Braves, The Ballers, The Skins and The Black Cobras.

Ghetto miniatures are 28mm in scale from foot to eye level and each gang member miniature will have their own baseball style stats card.

A game of New York Bop is played with 8 gang members over a 3’ x 3’ battleground, Gang Warlords are the leaders and issue command orders to their street soldiers, event cards add an element of unpredictability to the game, as you never know when or what cards your rival is going to use to mess up your plans.

The rules will also contain full campaign rules and map, which will allow you to fight over the New York Boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and The Bronx, as you battle through the campaign you will be able to expand your gang and upgrade your member’s ranks and weapons.

Pledge levels:

yWmQwGw.jpg

5P9GBBE.jpg

b9PLIUX.jpg

czhg7X4.jpg

kXplSMX.jpg

Gangs:

eMvli3V.jpg

13eIuVy.jpg

vkphWqQ.jpg

LacxCAE.jpg

Comparison and Gameplay:

BmabCxm.jpg

5ADjBQI.jpg

8tMOoj8.jpg

MCex3EX.jpg

They are just over 90% funded.

There was an update going into detail on the stat cards.

"With the gang stat card we have went for a 70’s baseball card theme. The card gives you all the Bopper stats that will be used during the game. Each card will be the size of an ordinary playing card (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and can easily fit into gaming card protective sleeves.

As part of your pledge you will get a pdf for all of the figures that we will release for the Kickstarter. We will also have blank templates available on our website, so that you can make your own cards."*

*From the update

OU9dAi6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New York Bop - Street Gang Warfare by Ghetto Miniatures is the subject of an intellectual property dispute and is currently unavailable.

Thanks for your patience.

Bugger, but cmon it was exactly hiding the fact it was based off the movie....

AJ

That's the first time I've seen kickstarter post a copyright notice.

As kickstarter becomes more mainstream with a higher profile and is now attracting the attention of the big movie companies, I wonder if this means we'll be seeing less "tribute" minis from companies like CMON in their kickstarters.

I've copy and pasted the notice that kickstarter published below:

"New York Bop - Street Gang Warfare by Ghetto Miniatures [submitted by Kilpatrick Townsend LLP]

Date: May 13 2016

Sender

[Private]

Kilpatrick Townsend LLP

9720 Wilshire Blvd PH

Beverly Hills, California 90212

US

Sent via online form

Recipient

Kickstarter, PBC

58 Kent Street

Brooklyn, NY 11222

USA

Re: New York Bop - Street Gang Warfare by Ghetto Miniatures

Description of copyrighted material: Paramount is the exclusive owner of the copyrights to the motion picture “The Warriors†(U.S. Copyright Reg. No. PA 47-283) and related works (collectively, the “The Warriors Propertyâ€).

Description of infringing material: The infringing material consists of a tabletop game involving 1970's New York City street gangs called “New York Bopâ€, which is based on and unlawfully imitates the characters and other elements from The Warriors Property. As a result, the publication and/or sale of your New York Bop game infringes Paramount’s federally registered copyrights in The Warriors Property, in violation of 17 U.S.C. § 501. "

I think this might actually be a worthy topic of discussion on its own, so I'll be launching a seperate thread that can be found at the link below:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68758-could-we-soon-be-seeing-the-end-of-tribute-minis-in-kickstarters/

Edited by Darsc Zacal
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Auberon
      I didn't see this KS listed after a quick search.  I like the painters, and I like HD, but there's just so much free stuff out there now...

Miniature Painting Masters

Story
      Welcome Table-Top Fans!
      Welcome to the Miniature Painting Masters video series. Here you will learn the secrets of the world's best miniature painters!
      We have partnered up with 4 of the best painters in the industry. Each one will paint 12 different miniatures to their highest level of quality. Then you, the backers, will choose 24 miniatures for us to paint on camera (6 models from each painter). This gives you the opportunity to select only the very best work from each painter!
      NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! This series is perfect for beginners and professionals alike. Our goal is to help you quickly improve your skills by building upon each subsequent lesson. Each video will introduce new skills and techniques to help you quickly master the art of miniature painting. By end of the series - you will be a miniature painting GOD!
    • By Mckenna35
      Short Kickstarter from Bad Squiddo games for female Soviet troopers for WWII gaming.  Thiis expands their existing range and adds troops clad for winter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-soviet-russia-28mm-miniatures

Story
      Hello! This is a Kickstarter to increase our existing WW2 Soviets range. Already massively popular since the first wave launch of 2016, we decided it needs reinforcements! The miniatures are sculpted and master cast, so this project is to cover the funds of production moulds and the initial casts.

BORING BUT IMPORTANT TECHNICALS - The miniatures are 28mm scale and cast in extremely high quality white metal. Everything is single piece where possible. They come without bases supplied but with moulded on small puddle  bases (easy to chop off if you wish to). And of course -   they are compatible with the similar male miniatures from other manufacturers. They are supplied unpainted - so you can either paint them yourself or simply bring out the detail with an ink wash.

Shipping is charged in addition to your pledge, AFTER THE CAMPAIGN, scroll to the bottom for more information. Please don't add the shipping cost during the campaign. EU Customers be aware of additional import fees, more on that later too.
    • By Mckenna35
      Finished up the companion to the "Stug" mech I posted earlier this year.  This is the "Tiger" mech from West Wind Productions, although this build-out differs from what they currently offer on their website.  Friend of mine picked it up in their kickstarter and asked me to paint it for him as he doesn't like doing vehicles.  I drilled out the "turret" and the legs and epoxied magnets in so the turret can rotate.  They're 1/4" so you can actually pick the thing up by the turret!  Base coat and camo is Tamiya, details are in an assortment of manufacturers paints.  Weathered with an oil pin wash and Secret Weapon pigments.  Markings are from a 1/48 sheet of dry transfers from Archer.

• By Mckenna35
      28mm scale "Stug" mech I painted for a friend.  I know he got it out of a Kickstarter, but otherwise no idea who makes it.  He'll be finishing the base to match the rest of his army.  Tried some different paints and techniques and pushed the 'weathering' further than I have before.  All in all I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)