Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

Here are 3 CAV:SO Wolf tanks, done in the same UTF colour scheme as the Dingos I did a few weeks ago.

It's a beautiful day out so I took them out on the deck to get some quick pics...

 

post-8239-0-70157200-1462034701_thumb.jpg

 

post-8239-0-84582700-1462034704.jpg

 

As with the Dingo, the turret seems to stay fine so I haven't glued them.

Hopefully by the end of next month I'll actually get a CAV painted for my CAV:SO Terran army.....

 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Auberon
      My partner for the Secret Sophie exchange this year was NecroMancer and they requested demons or some other stuff, so I painted the Queen of Hell.  About the same time I had ordered a 3D printer and I had found a base that kind of matched an idea I had in my head.  The printer was going to ship on time, then it wasn't, then it was, and finally came in just in time to print my display base. It is from the celestial pack by Archvillain Games. It's 100mm plus some overhang. For a bit of additional flair I added some blood imps to the base. 
       
      One thing about pre-made display bases though is they can be next to impossible to actually use if they are not designed well.  This base is an example of that as there is so much rubble that I had to carve away spaces for feet or build up the area with a bit of milliput to give them something to stand on. Since ancient statues were actually painted I decided to go with that and put a simple face on the bit of statue that remained.
       


       
      The Queen was actually painted before my printer arrived and because things hadn't gone crazy at work yet, I actually had time to paint her properly.  I went for a stylized NMM on her armor.  It was the first time I had tried NMM this way.  It worked but I need some more practice to really sell it.  I didn't want her to look like some cheap plastic figure (even though she kinda is ) so instead of going red like the blood imps I made her skin mostly human and then put the orange/red/purples in the midtones and shadows.
       
      Her wings don't fit in my tiny photo setup so...
       



       
      And with wings. They were not attached for shipping and needed a bit of support, so ignore the paint bottle.  Bones are evil.  Mold lines suddenly appear everywhere.  And for better or for worse, a year from now her wings will sink toward the earth, but they should rotate and touch the base.
       


       
      A few extra pics I took, if anyone wants to look
       
       
    • By thefub
      This was a repaint from earlier this year. I bought Quickshade Strong Tone for speed painting some of my board games and tried it in Woody. I liked the way it worked for the most part but as you can tell I got some frosting when I matte coated it. Another thing that happened was my paint cracked on my base but I kinda like the way it looks. I probably won't bother fixing any of the issues as I moved on to another figure I am struggling with.


    • By JGroeling
      Fun and quick one for RCL new release. Have been aiming for a more dull/gritty looks wtih a lot of my recent figures. 

    • By Chris Palmer
      Back in November I posted over on the Conversion WIP sub-forum about a mounted figure I was making using the Bones 4 Giant Rhinoceros Beetle and the Mudcroak Squog figure: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93699-frog-riding-beetle-conversion/
       
      This past week I finally got around to painting the converted figure, and I  wanted to share the results.
      .





    • By Auberon
      This year's Christmas present to myself was a Sonic Mini 4k printer.  I've done a few runs now and promised a pic of a painted mini at some point.  Gardain here was a bit of a failure as it turns out there were a few problems with the pre-supports.  Still, he's 99% ok which means he's good enough to use as an example, but also that I don't care enough to paint to a high standard.
       
      So with that in mind, he was painted with a thin layer of primer through the airbrush, a slightly thinned basecoat, and then a few washes.  I.e. the point is to show off how much detail the printer can do, how visible the layer lines are, etc, not how well I can (or can't) paint. He is a 32mm scale dwarf, which means he is a little taller than a Reaper dwarf, but not quite as tall as a Reaper human.
       

       
      The very bottom of this gauntlet pancaked, but you can only really see it if he is upside down.
       

       
      Yup, that's a hair support.  The presupport was at too low of an angle so it bonded to the figure.
       


       
      Btw, those eyes are tiny. His right eye is really bad because the arm blocks coming in from below, the sculpted bushy eyebrow makes any high angle impossible, and he has a big nose.  Jab straight in and hit where you aim!  In fact, they are so small that I can't even tell I painted them at arm's length.  If you skipped them to get him on the table no one would notice.
       

       
      And there you have it, my first [painted] 3D print.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...