Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

77159 Bones Ghast (bloody)

This is just an old ghast from Bones 1 that I have finally gotten around to. I used him as a paint scheme tester for his brothers from Bones 2, which I'll be converting and painting shortly.

I like how he looks overall, but I kinda think his skin tone is a little off; I think he looks too 'alive'. What do you think?

Blood and gore were done with a hair, superglue, Tamiya clear red, and Tamiya smoke. I'll go into the process in detail if anyone's interested.

C&C welcome.

post-12095-0-35265500-1462048885_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-67754300-1462048905_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-65250500-1462048973_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-04561800-1462049001_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

The first couple photos are a little dark, so I can't quite tell if I'm looking at the true colors.  But he looks pretty gorey to me!  I like him.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I'm still fighting with being able to take decent pictures; the last 2 pics are closer to what he looks like in real life.

Really love the effect of his blood coming out of his mouth like that. It looks disgusting. Which means, it looks realistic and amazing. Maybe he looks too alive because he is more reddish than blue-ish in undertones? But I haven't tackled any of these guys yet so I'm not sure. His skin looks appropriately mottled and diseased.

• Like 1

Ok, first of all...EEEWWWW!!!!! Second of all, bloody brilliant! (pun totally intended!) Now, as for his flesh tone and him looking too "alive", I think I would use the term "fresh". Oh, one last thing...EEEEWWWW!!!!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This is the Bones version.  I used her for an experiment with Contrast paints.  I think it worked ok, but the softer detail gave a less desired effect -- at least on the armor. I had to go over that again with an ink wash.  The red came out very bright.  Maybe I could have gone over that with ink, too, but I liked the vivid contrast. She is a vampire, after all.  I drybrushed a little silver metal for highlights on her armor, looks good in hand, but the flash caught it and it looks like white spots in the pic. 

• By Inarah
      An experiment with metallic paint.  Not sure I like how he came out, but the players sure won't miss their perception checks for that red armor.  Chopped up his cloak a bit trying to get him on a sculpted base, and the color washed out a bit in the flash. 

• By rubegon
      I have a few WIPs that are taking forever, but I needed an alternate Kuo Toa faction for D&D tonight, so I went for it and “speed painted” these in about 4 hours.

I used both BCA Pink *and* Drow Nipple Pink as the main skin and spine colors!  Do I get bonus points for that?

Here are the ones I did a few months before that took about 4 times longer over several weekends.

• By Maledrakh
      Paintedfor a painting league in another forum: 

"Bring Out Your Dead!"
      I envision this as a wandering band who collects the dead. Sometimes they need to make ther cargo dead first. Being death warmed over themselves, they do not know what else to do with their unlives.

lots more pictures beneath the click:

• By Rob Dean
      After yesterday's work on the Bones 4 scenics, I dug around and finished off the first of a set of resin buildings I got from an Apocalypse Miniatures Kickstarter a year or two back:

I also finished basing up a seriously vintage (ca. 1974) Minifig Ent:

And, finally touched up basing and finished off my Gencon speed paints:

From left to right, a Word preliminary round figures, a Reaper preliminary round, a Wyrd final round, and a Reaper final round. (So, 45 minutes on the preliminaries and 60 minutes on the finals...I added names to the two preliminaries; retitled the Word final, and attached the Reaper final to a Frostgrave-themed snow and rock base.)

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 135 Guests (See full list)