MissMelons

10017: Blight Fang, Green Dragon

Wow, great job!  Excellent blending in the wings.  There's so much that can be said in favor of your dragon, but holy cow, that base is just incredible!  It really takes everything to a whole new level.  Awesome work!

• Like 2

She looks amazing - great work!

Can I ask how you did your foliage on the base?

Thanks!!!

Well a lot of it is a mix of stuff I have the fine flock for grass, wirey flowers that I cut into little bushes (I got this from Marsya a long time ago so I don't know where she got it, I need more o_o) Ummm lets see the little yellowish/greenish bushes are just the normal army painter shrubs, the spiky bushes that have little flecks in it I don't remember where I got and the long greenery things with yellow tips were donated to be after a baby shower (The lady was using them to decorate the tables like spring and I asked if I could have them, they are fake so they wont dry out, she said she got them from Michaels though. 

EDIT: Forgot to add, a weird thing I did with the grass/dirt flock. Areas where I wanted bushes/greenery I put brown sand or earthy dirt first (with very thin glue) then I let that dry and added on what I wanted on top. This did a great job of filling in cracks and blank spaces on the base. Sometimes I'd mix big sized dirt pieces with fine green flock so it wouldn't look too Meh. 

Edited by MissMelons
  • Like 6

you finished!!!!  Great work with the water.  Great contrast with the blues/greens and the bright wings.  Hooray!  I still love that mosaic...

• Like 1

you finished!!!!  Great work with the water.  Great contrast with the blues/greens and the bright wings.  Hooray!  I still love that mosaic...

lol thanks! The water didnt turn out entirely as I wanted it too, but its not too bad for my first time playing with it. ^_^ Thanks for the help!! 

• Like 1

Great job, and I love the base.

The water is fine! Don't sell yourself short!

• Like 1