Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Seelah, Iconic Paladin (Bones) (89011)

This past week I officially began working on the Iconics and Officially Licensed Pathfinder Miniatures Set, from the Bones 1 Kickstarter,  and painted the Seelah, Iconic Paladin, figure.   Nothing fancy, just a quick job to get her tabletop ready.  After I did the finally spray varnish, I used a little bead of superglue to apply a small fingernail gem to the base of her sword.  

I like the way she came out, though I probably should have spent a little more time with the free-hand on the shield.  It is an oddly shaped shield, and there really wasn't much room to do anything on it.  I guess I should have just done it in a solid color.   Nonetheless, it is a nice basic figure and was easy to paint.

C & C welcome

IMG_6959.jpg

IMG_6960.jpg

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 18

Nice work on her (particularly nicer than the job I did on mine). You really got a nice shine effect on the armor. I like the blue as well. I went with red. I liked it red up until I saw the blue. Ah well.

I'm mildly surprised you didn't paint her up as the sister of (insert fallen paladin's name here) from Cherowyn's warband. I know, it's not actualy her warband...(yet).

• Like 1

Thank you for the comments, folks!

Nice work on her (particularly nicer than the job I did on mine). You really got a nice shine effect on the armor. I like the blue as well. I went with red. I liked it red up until I saw the blue. Ah well.I'm mildly surprised you didn't paint her up as the sister of (insert fallen paladin's name here) from Cherowyn's warband. I know, it's not actualy her warband...(yet).

Pippin- I had originally planned to use her for Frostgrave, but the fact she was equipped with a bow & arrows made me reconsider; as there is no bow and sword armed, plate-armored type of soldier. So, I decided to use her in my regular grass-based fantasy figure collection. Edited by Chris Palmer

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      A couple more of my recent tabletop paints.  Female on the left in gold and red came out of Bones 4.  She is in a leaning pose.  The one on the right is Deladrin, female assassin, roughly painted as a catfolk rogue.  Both figures were done with a traditional basecoat, drybrush and wash/ink technique. I did some NMM for the swords. 

• By Inarah
      This I a quick tabletop paint job (about 2 hours) I did for a fellow player.  She plays a cleric with a holy glowing sword and has a number of light spells, so I went with a gold and yellow scheme.  Base coated the figure with red liner, which has a nice red-brown color to it, and did a quickie drybrush over that for the armor.  I am really pleased by how her face came out.  The character believes there is no redemption for evil, and so I've nicknamed her Sister Mary Kill-Them-All. 

• By Maledrakh
      Another one of the half-painted minis on my painting station shelf, now done:

Looks like she found a shining stone. Not sure if the OSL worked all that well on this mini. So a gnome is basically a hobbit with boots?

From the first Bones kickstarter.

77167 Ingrid, Female Gnome
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Derek Schubert
      Bonesium PVC.
      25mm bespoke 3D printed round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Aquaknightus
      I have only painted a handful of figs before this one. With this figure I tried using a wash for the first time (on the armor). I am not sure how to go about putting him on a nice base like others have done. The figure already has the small base attached to his feet. Otherwise I am somewhat satisfied with the final result. It just seems lacking without a base. 

This figure was painted to update my AD&D Paladin that I painted nearly 40 years ago when I was a lot younger hand had some Testors enamel paints and a lead figure of a Paladin. 

• By EldritchEladrin
      Sculpt by Bobby Jackson.

This Halloween themed project was stolen borrowed from a comment made by @strawhat in the "Acquisitions" thread, Re: the shiny orange MSP sample. He suggested that the Halloween Knight would look good with shiny orange plate mail and a white pumpkin head.

So that's what I did:

Very pleased with how this piece turned out! The shiny is much shinier in person, but I think my favourite part, is the use of a white pumpkin. Definitely the right call!

Paints I used for the majority of the work:

Also made use of MSP Shadowed Stone for the shield, and MSP Pale Olive for cape highlights.

As always, comments welcome! :)
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 192 Guests (See full list)