Jaws

GW: Tyranid Hive Tyrant, Conversion

Where did you get the "alien" head?

The 'not alien' head is from Epoch Studioz. 

Seems to have been bought out by bluetable. Looks like they have stock though. Thanks!

• Like 1

That is a WONDERFULLY disturbing conversion; AND BEAUTIFULLY painted. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Updated the post with the based and accessorized miniature. 

Amazing!

I love it.

That drool is great! But it also made me think..maybe make a glaze of a very vibrant light green? and paint parts of the drool with it to show off the acid in the drool?

While trying to keep most of it transparent..

I still think you're Nids are the best I've ever seen.

Never cared much for the Bugs, but these are awesome!!!

• Like 2

Problem is that in the movies all the drool is bright and clear until it hardens into creating those nest-like black walls. I want to stay true to the alien in the films. Otherwise you are the second person to suggest green drool. :)

Source: 
https://youtu.be/DNuzmKc7mq4?t=2m1s

Edited by Jaws
  • Like 1

Finally finished the base for the legs. Thought it was best to include it here, rather than make a new thread for the same mini.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pinkymadigan
      https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

I don't particularly care myself, I've been playing Kings of War since right before 2nd edition and intend to stick with Mantic, but I find it fascinating that they think people who already scrapped their square bases are willing to return to a system run by the very company that asked them to rebase in the first place.
    • By kristof65
      Back in the "olden days" when I played 40k second edition, our game group played a lot of multi player games, and as a result, we sort of had a meta-game RPG going on with our Space Marine Chapters.  Thanks to the things that happened during the games, our chapters had allies and alliances and rivalries and foes.

Sometimes, to resolve disputes, we would hold a council meeting of the Chapters so grievances could be aired, agreements come to and consequences doled out. In these council meetings, each chapter got a vote. 

But a problem emerged - some players had multiple chapters of their own design, and multiple players were playing official GW chapters, which meant that some people had multiple votes, while others had to share.  The solution we came up with was that for council votes, a chapter could be represented by a single fully painted miniature.

And so most of us painted up three or four minis as our vote "tokens". And here are mine from the 90s:

The guy on the left is one of my Marines Errant, which was my primary Chapter. The black and yellow guy is one of my Blast Hornets, a chapter that was declared renegade as the result of one of these council meetings. The two on the left are my voting minis, from the Fire Angels and Fire Hawks chapters.

Just before I moved away, we had a big council meeting coming up, and I hatched a dastardly plan. I bought two boxes of the cheapest Space Marines I could, and planned to paint up twenty more chapters, thus ensuring I could rule final vote. This was also going to be my parting gift - I was going to give each of the other players two of the minis.

Well, I didn't manage to do more than get those minis primed.  I recently found that box of primed Space Marines, and decided to see how well I could paint one of my Marines Errant 20+ years later, using Reaper's MSPs.

And then I decided I wanted to finally finish the project

Here are the first six. On the left is a Marines Errant, and on the right is a Salamander - the other four I just painted up and threw decals on.  I'll have to come up with chapter names for them later.

• By Rat13
      In lieu of a regular housewarming party my wife and I have opted to host a game day at our new house. After gathering supplies, prepping some food, and setting up some tables we're ready for our Housewarhammering.

As luck would have it I'm flush with terrain (couldn't sell a single piece at a local craft fair), so I set up a couple of simple tables. Though they're sparse looking I doubt they'll stay that way, my buddies really get into setting up tables. After their tinkering I'm sure the tables with look better and most of my "extra" pieces will get used.

Now it's just a matter of waiting for everyone to arrive. Guess I could play some PC Battlefleet Gothic Armada while waiting.
    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all!

Over the course of Bones 5, there were a few models that I was hoping for. I would say that Reaper totally exceeded my expectations and covered about 90% of my personal hopes. One of the things that wasn't in there was an Azer. For those of you who don't know, an Azer is a creature from the plane of fire, and they resemble Dwarves. They are so hot that their heads are covered in flames, and often this heat causes their weapons to be set aflame as well.

Since I had an extra Dark Dwarf Pounder from my November order, I figured that I'd try my hand at a conversion. I have exactly zero experience with sculpting other than filling gaps or making a rock or two, but I have YouTube, so why not? The first thing that I did was get the model and choose a base to put it on. I went with a simple flagstone base from Secret Weapon.

Next, I shaved off and filed down the little "3 Nail" sigil that these dudes wear. I like that Sigil just fine, but its more representative of Duergar than an Azer, so off it comes. I also clipped away the oval base and filed the feet to be flat.

Next, I washed the model and pinned it to a cork. I also washed the base and drilled a hole for the pin, and then stuck that on a cork as well. Once the model was dry, I mixed up some Green Stuff and followed along with a step-by-step for fire that I found online. Basically, you start with a cone and stick it down. I put it on the Dwarf's head, and then used a thin tool to push down the edges of the cone into the head and shoulders. Then, I used tweezers to twist and pull the top of the cone into a sort of whirlwind. Then, dipping the tweezers in water to keep them from sticking, I took sections of the Green Stuff and pulled outward and twisted. Once I had the flames the way I wanted them, I went back in with the tool and made more indentations in the fire. I did the same thing with the flames on the weapon.

I'm waiting for him to dry and cure right now, and then I'll get on to priming him and painting him up this weekend! Stay tuned!
    • By odinsgrandson
      Orks are terrific, aren’t they? While the aesthetics and logic behind most 40k factions tries to toe the line between Full Blanche and minimally plausible weapons of war, the Space Orks just embrace the most absurd logic (a red paint job actually makes it go faster).
      This conversion was created by my client- and I really love it. Orks looting vehicles from Imperial factions is always great, but there’s something especially amazing about looting the claw of a titan and turning it into a tank.
      For the paint job, the titan claw is meant to look like the Orks painted over the original Titan’s color scheme. To this end, some of the scratches in the red show blue and imperial insignias and patterns underneath.

• Who's Online   31 Members, 3 Anonymous, 282 Guests (See full list)