great work on the cloak! Blood looks good- I like to add a few spatters of a darker brown blood just for contrast.  great composition!

• Like 4

Very nice. The narative you're presenting with your bases has tightened up nicely over the years.

Critique: with the amount of fresh bright red blood on the axe, the single large drop on the base doesn'nt seem right. I would expect maybe some spray of fine drops near the large one.

Edit: dang, ninja'd by Corporea.

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1

She turned out WOWZA!

Thanks, Mel!

great work on the cloak! Blood looks good- I like to add a few spatters of a darker brown blood just for contrast.  great composition!

Thank you, Erin! Good point, I'll have to remember that for next time. ::D:

Very nice. The narative you're presenting with your bases has tightened up nicely over the years.

Critique: with the amount of fresh bright red blood on the axe, the single large drop on the base doesn'nt seem right. I would expect maybe some spray of fine drops near the large one.

Thanks, KB! Good points, but she does have a very big weapon so she can get away without getting dirty with splatter was my thought and the blood on the ground was just a big drip after she moved up to stand where she was. I was asked to add just a tad bit of blood so I didn't want to go overboard. I've really been concentrating on tightening up on my basing to make them cohesive and trying not to overdo things, a few simple basing elements that enhance rather than take the show away from the figure. Thank you for noticing ::D:

• Like 3

In case you're wondering, yes, she's even prettier in person.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Shocking that I didn't want a lot of blood, I know.  ::P: I couldn't be happier with how she turned out - like he said, I gave him a ton of leeway, he even helped me pick the (amazing) figure because all I really knew was that I wanted ub3r the barbarian to paint a barbarian for me! I'm so extremely pleased with how she turned out!

I might be a wee bit biased, but she's absolutely my favourite piece that I've ever seen from you, ub3r!

• Like 14

In case you're wondering, yes, she's even prettier in person.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Shocking that I didn't want a lot of blood, I know.  ::P: I couldn't be happier with how she turned out - like he said, I gave him a ton of leeway, he even helped me pick the (amazing) figure because all I really knew was that I wanted ub3r the barbarian to paint a barbarian for me! I'm so extremely pleased with how she turned out!

I might be a wee bit biased, but she's absolutely my favourite piece that I've ever seen from you, ub3r!

So very happy you love her, Guindy! 

Quite a few have told me that she's their favorite piece that I've painted up thus far, so I'm extremely pleased that you are the one that she went to. I'll have to get another Mistress of the Hunt soon to paint up for myself hah. Very fun figure to paint up!

• Like 3

That is bloody awesome mate the cloak pops so well and the base is magnificent, fabulous work uber

• Like 2

That is bloody awesome mate the cloak pops so well and the base is magnificent, fabulous work uber

Thanks! ::D:

My only critique would be that all of the skulls are sitting upright and facing forward. It just appears too "neat." With that said, the scene is great, the painting is wonderfully executed and I LOVE her hair!

• Like 3

My only critique would be that all of the skulls are sitting upright and facing forward. It just appears too "neat." With that said, the scene is great, the painting is wonderfully executed and I LOVE her hair!

Thanks! I was wondering if anyone would notice the "neatness" of those skulls actually. I hinted at it in the story part above, it's a shrine and burial site to the barbarian's most legendary hero, it is always kept as neat as possible and if the skulls break or otherwise disturbed, they will be fixed to look like they are now :;):

• Like 4

This is an awesome piece.

Great painting and execution.

One minor nitpicking.. with the fresh blood on her weapon I would expect some fresh bodypart / head too somewhere.

But maybe that has happened before she walked into the scene?

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 3

One minor nitpicking.. with the fresh blood on her weapon I would expect some fresh bodypart / head too somewhere.

Thanks! I was asked to hint at the more gory stuff, hence just a tad bit of blood on the scythe and a drip on the ground. So, yes, the scene depicts her having left the gory stuff behind and now she's at her destination of the legendary barbaian's burial site. :;):
  • Like 3

Thanks! I was asked to hint at the more gory stuff, hence just a tad bit of blood on the scythe and a drip on the ground. So, yes, the scene depicts her having left the gory stuff behind and now she's at her destination of the legendary barbaian's burial site. :;):

That sounds allright to me!

• Like 3