Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
Got the first set of 5 done. I bought 5 Santas (one was in my bones 5), 4 Mrs. Claus, 4 Christmas mouselings. I'm preparing a holiday ornament and diorama for friends to give them.
Santa is now complete, but still need to get him on his base with Mrs. Claus.
I painted my first santa with a black primer. It took about 4 or 5 layers to get red to actually show and not look washed out. I just happened across a youtube video where Paintman Journeying was talking about how laying pink under red will help coverage and saturation. Was worth a try for how many red clothes characters i was about to do.
I then took all of them to base coat with airbrush. And not only that, it gave me a great way to go through more of the BCA pink i have 5 bottles of. Finally i can use it on more things! Warning for others: BCA pink has weird coverage. It's very very very very chalky. I hadn't noticed it on my small parts i use to paint it on like tongues or trinkets, but on big areas i really noticed.
The assembly like setup on these worked great. Painted in this order:
Coat, pants, hat first.
Santa's gift bag (different red) next.
Cream trims next.
Washes on face and bear.
Gloves, boots, and belt.
Packages and trim.
So far so good.
Hard to go wrong with sexy female demons, but this one was a devil in more than one sense of the word from start to finish. Despite being cast in metal she is pretty fragile. The trident broke off and for years she sat in my box of unpainted figs, until one day I found the little pointy bit. Her tail, likewise, kept bending and i was sure I'd lose that too.
Did her skin with the Bright Skin triad, because that's been waiting patiently for years as well. Her face is a mess, but overall she came out ok.
Painted this guy waaay back in April. Been a while since I did any show off threads... Anyway, had fun making his carapace look shiny. This was also a special needs Bathalian, coming to me with a missing tentacle. I was able to carve one out of some leftover sprue that I keep on hand for such emergencies.
I'm looking forward to painting his friends.