New Warhammer Quest ???

Brother Jim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just had a discussion with a friend about how i was glad we played WarhammerQuest last year at Gencon because and i quote.  "That game is never ever coming back".  Sometimes it is good to be wrong.

Edited by Hibou
  • Like 2

I don't know. Depends on how bad they are about ramrodding the new setting. And whether you get the mad mix of minis like you did in the old set.

They must be getting pretty hard up...

• Like 2

Judging by the "leaks" that are floating around the internet, it's looking much closer to being a one-off game like their recent Deathwatch Overkill one rather than ye olde Warhammer Quest.

The minis are looking very pretty though, so I'll be getting a copy eventually, when I can justify buying another big box of Games Workshop stuff I'll assemble but never paint.

• Like 2

There are images from a French language display board at Dakka Dakka.  No price details but contents are:

up to 4 players

Choice of six Champions

13 double faced tiles

40 page guide book

40 page adventure book

cards

game pieces

dice

51 Citadel miniatures representing the inhabitants of the Silver Tower

EDIT: Apparently the person who took the photos says the price is 125 euros.

Edited by Carnacki the Ghost Finder
  • Like 2

Yes it is real. Only downside (so far) is that it is nominally set in the AoS setting (for some that is not to taste). I'm sort of looking forward to it nonetheless...

Damon.

You just killed my puppy. :down:

My heart went up - Warhammer Quest!

Then crashed back down - Warhammer Quest: Age of Sigmar... :wacko:  Crap on a crap cracker, dipped in fresh crap sauce....

The Auld Grump - with extra crap on the side....

• Like 6

Question:

If it takes place inside a castle [The Silver Tower?] or it is a dungeon crawl under said castle, does it matter whether the exterior is "Ye Olde Worlde" (warhammer's original planet) or one of these new (but very nebulous) "Realms" that AoS is trapped in??

[ @Grump: not an instant fan of AoS either... ]

• Like 1

Yes it is real. Only downside (so far) is that it is nominally set in the AoS setting (for some that is not to taste). I'm sort of looking forward to it nonetheless...

Damon.

You just killed my puppy. :down:

My heart went up - Warhammer Quest!

Then crashed back down - Warhammer Quest: Age of Sigmar... :wacko:  Crap on a crap cracker, dipped in fresh crap sauce....

The Auld Grump - with extra crap on the side....

Yeah, I gotta stand with the Grump on this one. The whole "end days postapocalypse with all the races' names changed for copyright reasons" setting does not appeal to me, never did, and at the price tag hinted, it really doesn't seem like something I'd want to invest in.

I bought Space Hulk for love of the old game, and for the minis, and because it was a pretty faithful recreation of a thing I loved. But this new Warhammer Quest seems like it will be more like a very expensive gateway drug to Age of Sigmar, as opposed to a faithful recreation of a thing I loved... particularly when I still have the original, downstairs in storage...

• Like 3

Question:

If it takes place inside a castle [The Silver Tower?] or it is a dungeon crawl under said castle, does it matter whether the exterior is "Ye Olde Worlde" (warhammer's original planet) or one of these new (but very nebulous) "Realms" that AoS is trapped in??

[ @Grump: not an instant fan of AoS either... ]

The baddie is Tzeenith (sp) one of the Chaos Gods. It's not a generic fantasy setting.

So, thematically, it's different. I haven't seen the rules or heard about the mechanics yet.

More discussion on Dakka.

• Like 1