Massive Darkness

Smokestack

I jumped in for the sake of jumping in.. i'll watch videos and see how things look on the actual game and make some decisions

Once the early birds are gone there's not a lot of incentive for me to jump into the kickstarter anytime soon. It's not like I'm going to be participating in their comments section. I gave up on that with CMON's kickstarters a long time ago.

I will be following the project along at home as it were though.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 2

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped in for the sake of jumping in.. i'll watch videos and see how things look on the actual game and make some decisions

Once the early birds are gone there's not a lot of incentive for me to jump into the kickstarter anytime soon. It's not like I'm going to be participating in their comments section. I gave up on that with CMON's kickstarters a long time ago.

I will be following the project along at home as it were though.

Well, one dollar gets you updates, and you can always decide pretty much any time up until next spring to jump in and still be eligible for all the ks exclusives etc.

• Like 3

So we're up to 106 miniatures not bad for the £75 pledge and it's less than 3hrs in can't believe there still is 29 day 21 hers to go!

Gah. That's coming out very reasonable per mini.

/wallet says stop reading Kickstarter threads

True, but for me, when I am buying a game the game also has to be good--not just the minis.

Edited by skippen
  • Like 1

I like Mila a lot. The render--the art not so much. I don't know why. It may make no sense.

I actually don't like the art for anything shown, looks too much like the whole Rum & Bones aesthetic imo. However the minis for the most part seem to come out great.

The EBs were unseemly, unnecessary and undignified.  You could practically feel backers trampling each other to get through the door first.

I was thinking I would read the rules later and see if I wanted the game but now I see that Guillotine only posts their Zombicide rules on their website, so that won't be an option. 

This is a fun project to follow.  I like a few of the miniatures very much.  But ...

I can't get past the pointy hats.  What's with all the pointy hats?  Is this a thing?  Is there a cultural tradition of dwarves, orcs and goblins wearing pointy hats that I don't know about?  If so, this would answer a lot of my troubling garden gnome questions. 

If anyone can explain the pointy hats (beyond "it helps tell the bosses from the underlings" or something) I would be grateful.

• Like 4

The EBs were unseemly, unnecessary and undignified.  You could practically feel backers trampling each other to get through the door first.

I was thinking I would read the rules later and see if I wanted the game but now I see that Guillotine only posts their Zombicide rules on their website, so that won't be an option. 

This is a fun project to follow.  I like a few of the miniatures very much.  But ...

I can't get past the pointy hats.  What's with all the pointy hats?  Is this a thing?  Is there a cultural tradition of dwarves, orcs and goblins wearing pointy hats that I don't know about?  If so, this would answer a lot of my troubling garden gnome questions. 

If anyone can explain the pointy hats (beyond "it helps tell the bosses from the underlings" or something) I would be grateful.

I was very lucky and got an EB. Also hate the pointy hats... but I already have enough goblins, dwarves and orcs that I like.

Love Mila's back, but I'm not a fan of barbarians in bikinis, quoting George Martin: “Brienne is my answer to DND women warriors in chainmail bikinis.†(don't get me wrong, love DnD and the 5th edition art is not like that at all)

Still, there are plenty of miniatures that I like, and a little conversion won't hurt.

• Like 2

I like Mila a lot. The render--the art not so much. I don't know why. It may make no sense.

I actually don't like the art for anything shown, looks too much like the whole Rum & Bones aesthetic imo. However the minis for the most part seem to come out great.

I feel the same. I'm not a fan of the cartoony art style. But for some reason it translates much better in the minis.

• Like 1

After watching the game play video, I really can't wait to play this! The minis are looking good as well. Anxious to hear if they will be doing crossover items for ZBP.

Edited by JDizzO
  • Like 2

They said they'd have a rule book posted next week.

• Like 2

I'm not sure of the reasoning, but I was totally planning on painting the Dwarf minions with the pointy caps and mattocks as Redcaps. I'll probably paint up the villanous Dwarves as Duergar in general.

• Like 5