Massive Darkness

Smokestack

If I hadn't participated in three Reaper Bones kickstarters I would be all over this, but as it stands I have painted Reaper proxies for many of these guys which I would substitute in, which in turn makes me hesitate before buying stuff that will never get used.

I'm thinking the Reaper models will make great minion or "baby" models of the oversized large MD mini's. I mean, them Wandering Monsters sure have grown up!

DaveC on dakka posted this image of the models. Scale is approximate, and only within a group (ie. large miniatures are about the same scale, while a terrain piece vs. large is not).

MD_zpsxdjhchjp.jpg

Hmm. Seeing all the big minis together like that, it looks like something pressed down and squashed most of them shortening their legs and giving them a very squat look.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of the wasted space on the dashboard either. I mean why bother with 30% of it empty holes to track xp and health AND a pen & paper skill track pad?

The dashboard was such a nice addition to Zombicide BP, but this falls way short of that one in actual utility.

Please, if someone else do not like the terrible short legs of some creatures for example the ogre, put it in the comments of the MD KS. If they do not get a feedback, how should they know it?

Best would be if Thiago is around.

• Like 1

I wish the class sheets were thin magnets instead of pads. 

Even level up cards to go into slots at the top of your dashboard would be way better (like the backpack in Black Plague)

• Like 2

I would agree that I would like to see something I can put tabs into for the skill sheet rather than a pad of paper I then have to pay to laminate.  I am hoping there will be an add-on for them or something.  I am also still waiting for official confirmation on ZBP crossover.  Other than that I am loving this campaign, excluding only a couple of sculpts.

I'm okay with squat legs for creatures above a certain mass. In real life large creatures tend to have either massive column legs or legs that are short for their mass, to reduce or spread out weight stress. Having creatures that also went the elephant column route would be nice though.

• Like 3

Yep the elementals are an easy pass as they are rubbish compared to the Reaper ones....will try and pick up the cards separately and use my Translucent look more like emelentals, elemantals 

Edited by talion78
  • Like 1

Agreed on the elementals. I am hoping for more along the lines of:

* minion monsters - little trolls, mushroom men, amazons, evil humans, drow, scarecrow people, anything really that fits as a minion.

* Individual bosses (human sized wondering boss...) Like evil sorcerer, black knight, etc...

* More tiles

* add ons for people like me who want more characters.

* Black plague, or Rum and and bones cross over stuff

* Alternate gender characters for all the classes in the base box....

Like the campaign.... but people are starting to become angry on the comments... I am not feeling the last couple stretches, but not angry....

• Like 2