Massive Darkness

Smokestack

Man, are CMON KSs always this negative?  I get that this is more expensive than some of their other KSs, but it is kind of comparing apples to oranges comparing different KSs.

Plus they mentioned in the video prior to it starting that this would be more expensive.

Edited by JDizzO
  • Like 1

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just not liking the way this one is progressing. 

I like the the dark dwarves and original heroes,

love the hero witch, spider, lion, weretiger, and cyclops.

but

there are too many stubby legged ogres, pointy hats and silly female clothing choices.  

why is the cockatrice so large? is it just because it has the powers of a wandering monster, so it needed to be big?   They should have either left it small, or chosen a different monster.  Also does it have metal plates on its tail?  seriously?  the front of the sculpt looks awesome and then bleh. 

• Like 1

I like the stubby legs... or rather, I am not bothered by the stubby legs... I am liking the small monsters more though, and wish there was more of them. No a big fan of the werewolf or weretiger... only because they seem out of place to me... Ghouls and vampires....? yes please!

The goblin agent is my favorite mini so far in this. I think I will have a goblin swordmaster in my pathfinder game... :)

• Like 1

Agreed on the elementals. I am hoping for more along the lines of:

* minion monsters - little trolls, mushroom men, amazons, evil humans, drow, scarecrow people, anything really that fits as a minion.

* Individual bosses (human sized wondering boss...) Like evil sorcerer, black knight, etc...

* More tiles

* add ons for people like me who want more characters.

* Black plague, or Rum and and bones cross over stuff

* Alternate gender characters for all the classes in the base box....

Like the campaign.... but people are starting to become angry on the comments... I am not feeling the last couple stretches, but not angry....

People are always angry in Kickstarter comments. I definitely agree about more minion type monsters though. The impression I got was that you'd encounter mobs far more often than the big wandering guys so the variety is starting to get a bit top heavy toward the wanderers. Hopefully the plan is to start shifting direction soon. They are only 3 days in though so there's still plenty of time to get to other things.

• Like 4

I am just not liking the way this one is progressing. 

I like the the dark dwarves and original heroes,

love the hero witch, spider, lion, weretiger, and cyclops.

but

there are too many stubby legged ogres, pointy hats and silly female clothing choices.  

why is the cockatrice so large? is it just because it has the powers of a wandering monster, so it needed to be big?   They should have either left it small, or chosen a different monster.  Also does it have metal plates on its tail?  seriously?  the front of the sculpt looks awesome and then bleh. 

This ^

I would like more minions like undead or lesser demons. Though I would love roaming monsters like a vampires or a lich, I think they want to keep the roaming monsters big to differentiate them on a board full of minions.

Edited by pedronunesv
  • Like 1

As if complaining about the CMON kickstarter itself isn't enough. Someone in the kickstarter comments sure is bashing Bones minis. Seems they've had a bad experience with them.

Reading between the lines of their comments I'd guess they used a primer that was incompatible with PVC.

• Like 2

I wasn't going to be a Reaper Crusader, but yeah. Sounded like a them-problem.

I was! Couldn't let someone bad mouth my favorite mini company!  ^_^

But yeah, that comment section is full of whiners ::(:

• Like 2

You can see a lot of positive talk with Thiago during the KS.

If there is something people don't like, they should say it. Why should the comments only for positive feedback?

Indeed, with every Zombicide Kickstarter (incl. TO:7S and MD) the deals got worse and worse. The special guest boxes for example from Z:BP were no deal at all, you can get them for the same price in the US. And have 2 minis less as the modern zombicide guest boxes.

I do not understand why they is always whining if women are showing skin, but if a men (or dwarf) is half naked, no complaints! There are only 2 woman, one female barbarian and the witch showing some skin. If the male babarian is half naked, so why not the female one? And Myriam is not wearing so bad clothes, especially for a caster.

I think also that the cockatrix do not need to be so big. I also do not understand why so many wandering monsters need to be so big.

I like many minis, but have problems with the shortlegged satyr giant, cyclops and the 3 ogres. Also the short legs of the flesh golem, but eventually the maker didn't got longer legs. :-)

I do not like the mummy at all, same with the elementals.
I do not like the Weretiger, but I do not really like any Therianthropes with armour.
About the werewolf I'm not sure. I need to see him in other angles.
The Pillars I do not like at all, they will often fall down.
Ajax get not much love from me either.

I love Miriam and Zoe. And about Miriam that she is not thinny.

Every other mini I like, too.

• Like 1

The only thing that bothers me... is according to some backers/posters that if you like a mini that shows skin, that means that you don't respect women... Someone seriously put, "I don't like the model, but that's because I respect women." I have been married for almost 20 years. I have a 15 year old daughter. I have 4 sisters and no brothers). So I like Mila translates into I don't respect women..?

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 4