Massive Darkness

Smokestack

When I compare my zombicide black plague minis to bones of the same size, BP compares favorably qualitywise.

They are in what I think of as a similar plastic to the more rigid KS2 bones. (and Mars Attacks! from Mantic). I would not be surprised at all if they turn out to be the same material if tested chemichally.

Details seem a bit sharper than on most human sized bones, but that might simply be the cartoony art direction making them have deeper details than the more realistic bones, and also the colour/mattness of the plastic might influence this impression.

Some of my minis arrived slightly bent, and can be fixed with the same hot water/cold water trick as with bones.

• Like 2

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mini's also come in their own trays, which, of course, reduces the cost of storage after painting. Storage isn't super-compact, and BGG'ers who won't be painting the figures will just toss out the trays to cram the contents all into one box.

• Like 2

What expansion boxes to you guys like the most and think is the best value for the game and for mins?

* Chest and Pillars add-on. You'll want matching pillars for your "King's Hall" game tile, and the six free pillars will only make three rows. Twelve is about right for six rows. I'm seeing more pillars with miniature KS, but any self-respecting king will have matching pillars! Use the additional chests in other dungeoncrawlers, like SDE, and other games, such as Zombicide: Black Plague as objective markers.

* Door and Bridge add-on. This is the least expensive bridge pack I've seen on the 'net. Use can use the doors to bling up other modular tile games, like Descent and Zombicide: Black Plague.
  • Like 1

Not this late into it. Kinda bummed, was hoping they'd take a page from pre-artist box Z-cide and put up some tribute monsters (since the focus is monsters). Creature from the black lagoon, gojira, sleestaks, lots of tropes you could put in.

Staying in. Just enough cool stuff to keep me interested (and hope they don't run a Z-cide KS this year, since this is the money I keep aside for that!).

• Like 3

I have lowered my pledge as well but only to $128, the minis alone are worth that and it would be silly for me not to get the ZBP crossover.  Since everything else is not exclusive and looks to be only $5-10 cheaper than it will be at retail, I may have to wait until then to get the paid add-ons.  One reason I am hesitant to support this game is a possibly never ending stream of add-ons(Disney Infinity anyone?).  I would really hate to see board games go this route.  When I buy a game I want the full experience without buying $250 worth of extras.

• Like 1

So, I got in this morning. The temptation was too much!

I'm thinking I'll just do the base pledge and the Black Plague update, then wait for miniature market to have the three expansions I like (elementals, cyclops, lizard men) at 70-80% of the Kickstarter preorder cost!

Edited by Mattnuke
  • Like 2