Massive Darkness

Smokestack

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am out.  I am looking for a local friend that is backing though so I can buy the Black Plague add-on as I think I may get it in the future, and I would like that option.  I am not a fan that is KS exclusive.  A pure ploy to make me back.

• Like 1

I'm in for the Black Plague Crossover, doors and bridges kit and marble dice. I'm interested in the lizardmen, cyclops and hellephant but will probably wait for retail as shipping and taxes will get really expensive. Do you guys think the plastic token pack is a must have?

• Like 1

Well... I am in for the base set, and the crossover. I will probably add another set and all the mini extras in the pledge manager. I am not sure on the lizard men since I am getting a ton from bones 3... But will probably add them too, maybe as leaders and command for the lizard men that will plague my pathfinder players at some point next year...

• Like 3

So I am currently in for

Early bird

Ratlings

Black plague crossover

Bloodmoon assassins vs Hellephant

$177.00

And add during the pledge manager:

another early bird (probably)

Warrior priest vs the Cyclops (maybe)

Reptisaurians (maybe)

Which would bring it up to $346.00

I don't know though. Still debating...

Thinking about it though... The base pledge is so good that I could get 3 early birds for $330.00 with BP crossover ($338.00) and forget the addons... by their retail calculation that's $1335.00 of stuff for $330.00.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 2

Was really yes and no with the Massive Darkness.  Just wanted the minis to paint.  But once I saw the Overseer.  I am most definitely in.   The core box pledge for sure.  Might try to find some dollars to get some of the add-on boxes.  

I grabbed an EB on day one, but honestly was planning to (probably) drop out. But I think I'm going to stay in after all, not super interested in the game, but the number of minis I like is piling up. Dammit, I think they got me with the KS Exclusive thing!

• Like 2

Hm.  I had this on remind me, and I'm intrigued but not sold.  I don't play the games, I just like to paint the minis.  I went big on Dungeon Saga thinking that the plastic minis I got would look something like the Resin minis they showed, and was pretty disappointed, detail was maybe half as good as advertised.  The only ones that I thought were worth painting were the two "special edition" resin ones I got as addons.  Now I've got a big box of minis I won't paint for a game I'll never play that cost me close to two hundred bucks.

Different company, I know, but I've never got anything from CMoN before either.

No-BS assessment please:  When the plastic shows up, how does it compare to the images they advertise on there?  If the quality is noticeably worse, I'll pass.

• Like 1

Well, of course it's noticeable worse, it's mass produced plastic versus hand-poured resin.

That said, I think GG is putting out some of the best plastic on the market, and their sculpts hold up great. Honestly GG plastic is one of my favorite things to paint, even with the occasional frustrating casting defect. But it is plastic and has nowhere near the detail as master copy resin, by the very nature of the process.

• Like 6

Yepp, we can't expect resin quality. Mantic use already the same producer for PVC as CMON/GG does. Which is the reason for the high quality they get already. High for PVC. :-)

Hellsbane is nice. He need a whip sculpted later, but is still cool.