Massive Darkness

Smokestack

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm.  I had this on remind me, and I'm intrigued but not sold.  I don't play the games, I just like to paint the minis.  I went big on Dungeon Saga thinking that the plastic minis I got would look something like the Resin minis they showed, and was pretty disappointed, detail was maybe half as good as advertised.  The only ones that I thought were worth painting were the two "special edition" resin ones I got as addons.  Now I've got a big box of minis I won't paint for a game I'll never play that cost me close to two hundred bucks.

Different company, I know, but I've never got anything from CMoN before either.

No-BS assessment please:  When the plastic shows up, how does it compare to the images they advertise on there?  If the quality is noticeably worse, I'll pass.

I agree with CashWiley.  ZBP are some of my favorite miniatures, and retain plenty of detail.  The way their art translates to plastic just works so well.

• Like 2

Hm.  I had this on remind me, and I'm intrigued but not sold.  I don't play the games, I just like to paint the minis.  I went big on Dungeon Saga thinking that the plastic minis I got would look something like the Resin minis they showed, and was pretty disappointed, detail was maybe half as good as advertised.  The only ones that I thought were worth painting were the two "special edition" resin ones I got as addons.  Now I've got a big box of minis I won't paint for a game I'll never play that cost me close to two hundred bucks.

Different company, I know, but I've never got anything from CMoN before either.

No-BS assessment please:  When the plastic shows up, how does it compare to the images they advertise on there?  If the quality is noticeably worse, I'll pass.

There are tons of hi res pictures of retail minis from Blood Rage and Black Plague out there. Both painted and unpainted. Looking at the pictures yourself will give you a better idea whether they meet your standards than anyone's opinion here.

• Like 6

Debating whether even to keep my $1 pledge. My enthusiasm for the game as a whole has completely bottomed out, and while the minis are a good deal, and there are a few I really like, most of them fall somewhere between awful and uninteresting for me.

Don't know if I've ever cratered like this on a project before.

Debating whether even to keep my $1 pledge. My enthusiasm for the game as a whole has completely bottomed out, and while the minis are a good deal, and there are a few I really like, most of them fall somewhere between awful and uninteresting for me.

Don't know if I've ever cratered like this on a project before.

Getting this just because "it is a good deal" is often just a bad idea.

• Like 3

Well there goes another $128. With all the other GG stuff I have, it seemed necessary to get the Z:BlackPlague crossover kit.

I finally found a friend pledging, so I can get this crossover in case I ever want to get the game at a later date (for less money) and cross them over.  I see nothing in the KS that makes me feel that I should pledge (not enough bonuses to make me excited).  I will just get it online for much cheaper later.  They tried to force me in with the crossover being only the KS, but I found my way around that stupid ploy.

• Like 1

Well there goes another $128. With all the other GG stuff I have, it seemed necessary to get the Z:BlackPlague crossover kit.

I finally found a friend pledging, so I can get this crossover in case I ever want to get the game at a later date (for less money) and cross them over.  I see nothing in the KS that makes me feel that I should pledge (not enough bonuses to make me excited).  I will just get it online for much cheaper later.  They tried to force me in with the crossover being only the KS, but I found my way around that stupid ploy.

Nobody forced you into the Kickstarter with the crossover.

You would not really need the crossover if you do not have this game. It is worthless without it. So if you interested in MD, the KS is perfect for you, even if you do not want the SG's.

You can sell the SG's you do not want easily on ebay for 5-10 bucks (not the stupid 30-100 some want on KS) and get the pledge money easily back.

And still have maybe SG's you liked.

• Like 2

This has been a great KS love the sheer amount of monsters we've got, a nice handful of heros, a couple of what I thought were crappy SG. Game has never really appealed to me, after discovering it's not a "Real"'dungeon crawler, so that will probably go oh evil bay with a few of the monsters, and make some cash back.

• Like 1

I dropped down to $1. It just seems like they don't have the game figured out quite yet. Maybe once they get to MD2 It'll all be sorted out. I'll still be able to buy my favorite stuff from this at retail if they do. If it turns out that the gameplay looks really fun in a future update or play video, before the pledge manager closes, I'll jump back in. 

• Like 1

I dropped down to $1. It just seems like they don't have the game figured out quite yet. Maybe once they get to MD2 It'll all be sorted out. I'll still be able to buy my favorite stuff from this at retail if they do. If it turns out that the gameplay looks really fun in a future update or play video, before the pledge manager closes, I'll jump back in.

Atm I'm also in for $1, what aspects of the game do you think they are missing/don't have figured out?

And unicorn was a bit of a let down ><

One of the Dakkanauts added that you could paint it black with flames for a Nightmare. Works for me.

If all the $1 pledges converted to $120, we'd reach this goal. Wonder how much the retailers will add...

a660bdc3847f3d2cad936cd556e075d6_origina

• Like 1

Lot of asking for a unicorn in the comments, so I get where that came from, but the ending here has totally reinforced my opinion that the campaign has felt slapdash. Random, same-old stuff right to the end.

Having said that, leaving my dollar. Will reexamine my feelings later. Figure I can buy a copy and sell it, if nothing else.

• Like 1