Massive Darkness

Smokestack

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped down to $1. It just seems like they don't have the game figured out quite yet. Maybe once they get to MD2 It'll all be sorted out. I'll still be able to buy my favorite stuff from this at retail if they do. If it turns out that the gameplay looks really fun in a future update or play video, before the pledge manager closes, I'll jump back in.

Atm I'm also in for $1, what aspects of the game do you think they are missing/don't have figured out?

And unicorn was a bit of a let down ><

They billed this as a dungeon crawler but it's just a zombicide style hack & slash with fantasy monsters instead of zombies. After lots of requests they decided to tack on some campaign elements to make it a bit more of a dungeon crawler. They haven't worked out how that will end up yet. The play video looked pretty boring and had no roaming monsters. CMON said in the comments that most games feature roaming monsters but never posted a play video that showed them in the game. A second video could've helped. 

I decided to sit this one out. The unicorn was a lousy final stretch goal. Truly disappointing. 

• Like 1

The unicorn was a lousy final stretch goal. Truly disappointing. 

To be fair the unicorn and the artifact cards were just tacked on items after they ran out of planned stretch goals.

That's true, it felt for me like an extra gift from Cmon. Though I always commented "no unicorn" in the comments section, I realized this is one of the few miniatures from D&D monster manual I don't have, so I'm OK with it. And I can paint it as a dark unicorn or nightmare.

In my opinion this was the best Cmon kickstarter to date, the reason I didn't back Black Plague was that there is no variance in terms of monsters. Not willing to spend that amount of money for one page of the monster manual.

I think the game itself will be OK, but I'm certainly not pledging for it. I'm actually thinking on ordering a second early bird so I can sell it for at least twice its price and break even.

• Like 3

If you don't think the unicorn fits the game thematically (and it doesn't in my mind), you can always remove the cards and place the mini aside. Then you have a nice looking unicorn (or nightmare) mini to use for your other gaming needs. That said, I will most likely include it at first, see how it plays out then decide if it adds or subtracts from the gaming experience. I'm happy to see another non-humanoid biped for the game, there aren't many.

• Like 3

I think there is no problem with the unicorn in the dungeon.

I asked CMON and GG on Facebook:

Please give the Unicorn a teleport feature, if it is hurt, it will teleport away to heal itself and come back.
Also it would be cool if it comes in 2 versions. First a normal roaming monster, second as a goal to rescue it from the other monsters in the dungeon. 2nd version will teleport away if hurt by a monster and move randomly away from monsters. If would be cool if the unicorn can be bought, so it would be possible to paint one black with rainbow hair and one white with rainbow hair..

• Like 2

That said, I will most likely include it at first, see how it plays out then decide if it adds or subtracts from the gaming experience. 

No doubt both. Half the party will try to seduce it, the other half will try to roast and eat it.

• Like 1