Massive Darkness

Smokestack

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping for more than just dwarves, goblins, and orcs. CMON should take some risk, but who am I to say when they constantly break millions in their miniature projects. :P

They said they are planning masses of monsters.

• Like 2

I don't expect a company who has made their name on zombies to stray too far from pop culture tropes. It doesn't bug me, as long as the sculpts are nice. And overall I like them. Unlike Darsc, I like the movement in GG's minis; I find them to be some of the most enjoyable minis to paint due to the dynamicismness (you know what I mean, whatever).

While there is a bit of generic-ness to it, I think it's to be expected. Conan/Gandalf, it's what the mainstreamer can understand. The sculpts do have a tendency to pointy hats, which is a bit weird. I like the gnome dual sword wielder, girl with the flowy hair, the ogre(?) shaman(?) and troll the best. Those two monsters and gnome look very Bonner-esque (a good thing imo).

• Like 2

I am interested, but I really dislike throwing that much money at a company for, really, is a pre-order despite being on Kickstarter. 

Cuts out two layers of middlemen (retailer and distributor) so we can get MORE STUFF. 

Wish they could find a way to lower shipping costs, though. Wonder what's taking Amazon so long to enter the crowdfunding biz... :D