• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Amiri, she's an Iconic Barbarian from Reapers Pathfinder line.

Had this one a little while, but all the fiddly bits kept putting me off (and I normally like fiddly minis), she turned out to be super fun to paint though.

As always any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Auberon
      My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea.  She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything.  This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics.  Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done.  The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle.  Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.

I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base.  The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area.  Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.

But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.

Full frontal metal shiny.

And rotating around for those that want to look.

I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines.  I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.

And that's it for my 2019 exchange.  Next year I might even try to be on time. 
    • By Painting Miniatures
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abfiH_Bygc

So I finished this miniature. Video will be uploaded once I edit it.

This isn't finished yet but I wanted to go ahead and get the post up on here. This is the Crimson Herald, a Reaper Bones Black figure.

I didn't have a color scheme going into this big bad boy.  Sadly the photos REALLY don't do it justice and I do have a video I am getting ready to post to youtube.

This whole thing was like a Bob Ross Saved it moment for me. I grabbed paint throwing all caution to the wind and was like "ITTTTSSSSS FIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNEEEEEE" {its fine}
      Spoiler. It wasn't fine.

So I painted the body With Citadel Hex Wraith Flame. The entire time after i was just like "oh god... what have i done! its a lime green wraith thing...."

Luckily I had a bottle of Citadel Technical paint "Soulstone Blue" which weirdly enough I realized "i used technical paint... which doesn't dry normally very thick... and my solution is to use MORE paint that doesn't dry thick to make a thick paint? am i mad?!" Answer yes, but the photographs show im not without some merit to my madness.

• By Mcfoltzy
      PAINTED THIS DRAGON FOR MY DM WANTED TO BREAK IT THOSE DANG WINGS JUST KICK MY BUTT . BUT THINK IT CAME OUT PRETTY GOOD 

• By Standifer
      So I finally fell into the temptation and got my first ground based sci fi minis!(I do have spaceships.) 
      A Cataphract, conquerer , and a halberd by Reaper minis came in with my horsman today! Sadly the halberd is missing a piece so it may in end up being returned. 
      So my first order of business was a small conversion to the cataphract
      Before conversion

And the conquerer has donated the necessary parts for said conversion, specifically his smaller missile pods.

A bit of work with an exacto knife removed said weapons.

And a bit more exacto work to make a spot for the pods on the Cataphract.

Some super glue to assemble the cataphract and voila! It is time for paint!

And don’t worry about the Conquerer, I have a conversion in mind for it too. It just might not be a true mech when I’m done.......

More sci-fi stuff to come soon I hope!
      And maybe just maybe I’ll try to make a backstory for these guys.
      Thankyou for looking! 

• Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)