Sign in to follow this  
Kangaroorex

oathsworn bat

Just another critter off my desk and on to the display area.  these are fun and relatively quick paints and I find myself a lot more willing to experiment with painting styles and other things.  This however was just a quick job of a cute but very small critter.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks for looking!

post-5901-0-88241700-1462974958_thumb.jpg

post-5901-0-01549900-1462974965_thumb.jpg

post-5901-0-61061300-1462974969_thumb.jpg

• Like 21

What a COOL Little Critter!  Your SPLENDID brushwork brings out all the character of the piece. TERRIFIC WORK!

• Like 1

A little over a half inch high. The base is a 25mm circle if that helps. The biggest issue was the eyes. I just wasn't able to get in there to do much. The fur and wing structure were exceptionally well defined.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      One more mouse for the order of battle pool for Gencon.  I’m behind on basing, but should get to him over the weekend.

• By Rob Dean
      With Gencon just a few weeks away, I need to finalize the three warbands I’m responsible for in our Burrows and Badgers game...so one more
      speed painted figure this
      morning. 50 minutes or so on this one.

• By Maledrakh
      Back in 2013 I came across a kickstarter campaign called "Heroes of the Dwarfs" by a small start up company called Oathsworn. The creator sculpted the models himself, and the greens on display were very oldhammery and full of character. I went in for a massive three minis, being a bit cautious at the time, what with this being a new company and all.
      They delivered in a timely fashion, the minis were great quality, and I have backed 13 out of 14 of Oathsworns campaigns since then. They continue to crank out the good stuff. They are on my short list of trusted creators, A+ will back again.

Ingrid Deathseeker is basically your female beardless Trollslayer.

I used one of my bespoke 3D printed 25mm round lipped bases for her.

Ingrid Deathseeker
      from the Heroes of the Dwarfs kickstarter, 2013
      Oathsworn Miniatures
      Sculpted by Michael Lovejoy
      metal, single piece casting
      25mm base
    • By Rob Dean
      I haven’t picked up a brush in a couple of weeks, so I was happy to get
      over the painting block with an Oathsworn speed paint yesterday. (I wasn’t timing closely, but about an hour.) 
      I need four or five more figures before Gencon, where my brother and I will be staging a couple of B&B games. 

The pictures are a little extra contrasty; I’ll add a follow-up once based. 

• By Glitterwolf
      This is an Oathsworn Female Monk I took from a BOGW.
      She is part of my project: Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon and this Mariko in her human form.

WIP here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=6

• Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 86 Guests (See full list)