Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Yeah, another base. Shocker, I know. It's one I've been thinking about for years, basically, since I bought the beads that are in it.
So, the premise:
I use the air-dry clay hexes from the previous project as well as these beads I bought at Walmart so long ago. The Bugle Beads are hex-shaped and iridescent. The color on the tube is labeled as "black iris."
I build a flat of the hexes and use the beads upright on a portion of the base to represent an unusual terrain. I use a pill bottle shell along one edge to build the terrain upward on that edge more easily. I'll peel that off later.
So here's the bottom layer of the piece.
The front layer is as high as it will go. The next layer will go to the top of the beads and also be flat. The last layer will be more like a hill on the other side of the beads.
Now if this was for a mech it would look like pilings holding back the earth. I will use more of them here than just along the fronts.
Stay tuned. Enjoy. Please, stay safe.
Halloween always gets my mind going with spooky thoughts...rather like the rest of the year, but more so.
Now I have been making Pumpkinhead/Jack O'Lantern Folk for quite a while...here's an album of them:
Then I stumbled on this illustration on Pinterest, AND I had to try that sunny smile:
I was fairly pleased with the test results:
I did a second one with what I had learned from the first:
...with a closer look:
The second is closer to the size of the Reaper Jack O'Lanterns that I usually use for the Pumpkinheads. The first is a bit larger. I may wind up using a GW Orc torso
like this one from 2017:
The legs are GW Zombie legs.
This another possibility:
OH THE POSSIBILITIES!
Another month another batch of Mushrooms & Associates. This month is a bit lighter than last. I started it toward the end of last month's Gang...which is still waiting on some Show Off photos.
I am also hoping to squeeze in some Pumpkinheads & other Halloween strangeness elsewhere. More of that later. For now, The Mushrooms:
With the ever popular Leo Sizechek for comparison:
I got the idea to do a Mushroom/Goblin Wizard from this illustration:
Mine is a bit seedier:
A Goblin Faerie sidekick seemed appropriate. Appropriate or not I wanted to try out some paper punch butterfly wings with a foam coating inner layer:
AND base coated & ready for color:
I found a wonderfully bizarre illustration of an armored Rhino by James Christensen. It is just my kind of Beasty:
AND I just happened to have a toy Rhino grazing in The Vault:
SO I started working on making my own version of the illustration:
At this point the green stuff work is done with the exception of some touch ups & embellishments:
The Rhino in his prime...so to speak:
I thought I would be more motivated to finish painting the Big Guy if I post here as well as in The Last Hurrah Thread...I have a lot of strange thoughts.
Today I started adding some colors to the base. Photos are likely...sometime or other.
A few days ago I started a new type of Mushroom based on some Pinterest polymer clay pieces like this one:
This one & his kin are quite a bit larger than the ones I make, but the detail is something to aspire to.
Here is a step by step of my Mushroom in progress up to yesterday. This is the plumber's epoxy dolly:
The Kneadotite (green stuff):
I use the left over green stuff to make smaller versions of the Big Mushroom...you probably already notice that:
There will be more of this type in varying sizes AND their bases coming along soon...or eventually.
Who's Online 25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)