ub3r_n3rd

Randomness IX: Incoherence is our superpower!

Strange, I went to join the Hangout several times from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm and saw no one, but oneboot's summary suggests otherwise. The message was "You're the first one here."

• Like 2

Strange, I went to join the Hangout several times from 6:00 pm to 11:00 pm and saw no one, but oneboot's summary suggests otherwise. The message was "You're the first one here."

Which one were you trying to join? I was in the second link, the one Froggy posted.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

KAH? Kill all humans?

So you saw that episode of South Park?

I have only watched one episode of South Park, the one where they make fun of a popular MMO. ^__^

Yes. KAH was as guessed. It was an option and deeply buried menu choice available in one character's  TV/Cable/Stereo/VCR system. And, not a good choice...

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

Which one were you trying to join? I was in the second link, the one Froggy posted.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Froggy's. I saw dispatchdave when I joined in around 1430 to say hi. But had to return to the wedding ceremonies.

KAH? Kill all humans?

I have only watched one episode of South Park, the one where they make fun of a popular MMO. ^__^

KAH? Kill all humans?

Quoted twice. ^__^

• Like 2

Quoted twice. ^__^

And copied before I could fix it...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Kids are here. Boy couldn't sleep. Guessing nightmares as he saw a couple of PG-13 movies tonight. Jazz tends to put on a lot of horror/violent movies for them to watch. The boy for all the other issues with him can be a very sensitive. I tend to censor what they can watch more than their mother or father. So figuring this out is always fun.

We laid him down in my room on the floor and he seems to be settling finally. Still a bit restless, but hopefully it will calm soon so I can sleep as well

• Like 1

Kids are here. Boy couldn't sleep. Guessing nightmares as he saw a couple of PG-13 movies tonight. Jazz tends to put on a lot of horror/violent movies for them to watch. The boy for all the other issues with him can be a very sensitive. I tend to censor what they can watch more than their mother or father. So figuring this out is always fun.

We laid him down in my room on the floor and he seems to be settling finally. Still a bit restless, but hopefully it will calm soon so I can sleep as well

We occasionally had trouble with youngsters watching things too scary for their age and having trouble sleeping. I tried to deal with it by talking about the show's special effects, cinematography and pacing. It worked best if I could do it while they were watching, but talking about it later helped too.

"Oooh, look at that puppetry! I wonder how the prop designer put it together to move like that. Look at what you can do with corn syrup and oat flakes. Do you think the actors had to work hard to pretend to be scared of it?"

• Like 7

Finally finished my Diorama.

I renamed it Angel City, and put it in Show Off., The indiviual models also have their own Show Off threads.

I made it as a tribute to Lemmy.

Since I was like 14 yrs old I've been a fan of Motörhead, and his death really touched me, I didn't even realised before that the death of someone you don't know personally could hurt so much.

I hope I did him and the band justice.

For the Metal fans out there...I put a lot of references in, added them in a spoiler, so take a look and see if you can get them all..

My girl's parents will be coming over today.

I will get Chinese /Indonesian Food for tonight.

Babi Pangang, Bacon Babi Pangang, Mini Eggrolls, Satey, Nasi Goreng, Bami Goreng, And some other stuff... Oh Yeah!!!

***Starts drooling at the tought of Bacon Babi Pangang.***

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 7

I can only get in on my phone if other people are there already. Otherwise it either kicks me out immediately or decides to randomly dial someone. Or ALL the someones.

I'm going to stop playing with magic I don't understand.

I know the feeling.

Guess you didn't get my reference from the LOTR movies when one of the orcs kills another and says, "Meat's back on the table boys!" ::P:

I got it, but didn't think it was relevant to reply to a conversation that's over 12 hours old.

Oh wait, I kind of just did, didn't I?

Take that, randomness!

Jack's day started out much better than it ended.

Bummer Jack. Can't like that post. I hate days when I would have been better off to stay in bed, but didn't.

I agree.

We occasionally had trouble with youngsters watching things too scary for their age and having trouble sleeping. I tried to deal with it by talking about the show's special effects, cinematography and pacing. It worked best if I could do it while they were watching, but talking about it later helped too.

"Oooh, look at that puppetry! I wonder how the prop designer put it together to move like that. Look at what you can do with corn syrup and oat flakes. Do you think the actors had to work hard to pretend to be scared of it?"

We had sort of the same issue with my boys when they 4 and 5; for some reason they were hell bent on wanting to watch Jaws. My wife and I both tried to talk them out of it because we thought it would be too much for them at that age, but they were determined. Finally, we relented and let them. First though, we made a point to explain that it wasn't real, how the special effects were done, showed them pictures of the robot shark, and we found other movies that the actors had been in after Jaws to show that no one really died.

After all that, we watched it together with a few breaks here and there to explain/talk about what was going on. They handled it pretty well, and didn't have any trouble sleeping that night.

• Like 6

*** Sitting on the back of a Triceratops, Leads a herd of them rampaging through the thread***

*** Extinct??? We'll show you extinct!!!***

• Like 3

I just pulled a dusty wacom tablet out of the closet... One of my husband's cousins gave me his old one a few years ago, but I've been too chicken to use it. Here goes ;A;

I'd also love to join the hangouts, but no push-to-talk function makes it a pain. We're usually in a weekend long chat with friends on Skype, folks hop in and out much the same way y'all are doing here. But I can't tell him to be quiet and not talk to his friends haha, and keeping myself muted the whole time got old fast. I'll try again another day.

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 5

We had sort of the same issue with my boys when they 4 and 5; for some reason they were hell bent on wanting to watch Jaws. My wife and I both tried to talk them out of it because we thought it would be too much for them at that age, but they were determined. Finally, we relented and let them. First though, we made a point to explain that it wasn't real, how the special effects were done, showed them pictures of the robot shark, and we found other movies that the actors had been in after Jaws to show that no one really died.

After all that, we watched it together with a few breaks here and there to explain/talk about what was going on. They handled it pretty well, and didn't have any trouble sleeping that night.

This remind me of when Micheal Jackson just passed away, and I showed my nephews some of MJ's videos on YouTube, notably Thriller.

Their mother didn't approve. Mostly because she and her brother were terrified of the video when they were children. My nephews weren't.

Still, because of that incident, I take more care in showing some videos to younger ones. Like explaining how the zombie makeup doesn't make sense if they're "real" zombies. And real zombies don't do choreography. They FREESTYLE!

• Like 4

This remind me of when Micheal Jackson just passed away, and I showed my nephews some of MJ's videos on YouTube, notably Thriller.

Their mother didn't approve. Mostly because she and her brother were terrified of the video when they were children. My nephews weren't.

Still, because of that incident, I take more care in showing some videos to younger ones. Like explaining how the zombie makeup doesn't make sense if they're "real" zombies. And real zombies don't do choreography. They FREESTYLE!

Two or so Halloweens ago a group of about two dozen tweens and young teens, I would say, dressed as zombies made the rounds of the neighborhood with a portable stereo and did the dance routine from "Thriller" in the (closed off for the holiday) streets.

• Like 3

I just pulled a dusty wacom tablet out of the closet... One of my husband's cousins gave me his old one a few years ago, but I've been too chicken to use it. Here goes ;A;

I'd also love to join the hangouts, but no push-to-talk function makes it a pain. We're usually in a weekend long chat with friends on Skype, folks hop in and out much the same way y'all are doing here. But I can't tell him to be quiet and not talk to his friends haha, and keeping myself muted the whole time got old fast. I'll try again another day.

I was thinking about the mute issue yesterday; there's a lot of background noise here, and I like listening to music. Generally I mute and listen unless I have something to contribute, and usually only after its quieted down around here.

As for the Skype problem, headphones are the way to go (besides muting). That way you can listen to music, or TV, or friends, whatever, without sharing with the rest of us.

-Dave

• Like 3