Randomness IX: Incoherence is our superpower!

ub3r_n3rd

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS.

Guess what comes out today? 

:bday:  :bday: OVERWATCH:bday:  :bday:

WHOOOOOOOOoooOOOOoooooOOO!

*flies through all her wild shapes for the day in excitement before settling as a snow leopard, then starts scampering around and attempting to climb the walls*

This is me right now.

And me later tonight!

(I'm on p137, I'll be absolutely useless at work today so I'll be catching up in a bit)

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 9

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly 40 pages since my last check in? Nope.

I'll just drop in here to celebrate some beautiful weather, and sympathize with (what I assume to be) all the people lamenting yet another Monday.

I'll consider catching up a bit, if I have time later on.

In the mean time, I have a brand new intern to train.  :wacko:

• Like 11

It bunking USA day or two behind

That's autocorrupt helping me to 'communicate' with my co workers.

I'm already at work, is it too late to call in sick?

Just a little. However you're just in time to go home sick if you want!!

• Like 4

It bunking USA day or two behind

That's autocorrupt helping me to 'communicate' with my co workers.

I'm already at work, is it too late to call in sick?

Not if you can reliably make yourself vomit. I'll even help; imagine Buglips in a tutu, and nothing else...

• Like 3

Hey David, how was NYC trip?

When are you moving up and joining NEMPA?

8€

The trip was good! The girls didn't really care for riding on the subway though.

As soon as I find a job. ::P:

Less fun was the e-mail from my ex. I haven't heard from her in about... 16 months? And all of a sudden she e-mails me to suggest I check out a distillery? WTF? :angry:

• Like 7

It's going to be a busy week. I tried to use greenstuff for the first time today, which turned out decent. Also cut my finger quite deeply with a brand new knife, which resulted in pain and copious amounts of blood. Yay. :zombie:  

Edited by Lord_Ashenwyte
  • Like 5

Hey David, how was NYC trip?

When are you moving up and joining NEMPA?

8€

The trip was good! The girls didn't really care for riding on the subway though.

As soon as I find a job. ::P:

Less fun was the e-mail from my ex. I haven't heard from her in about... 16 months? And all of a sudden she e-mails me to suggest I check out a distillery? WTF? :angry:

So get busy!!!!

• Like 4

I had a pretty eventful weekend. I unfortunately didn't make it out to my goddaughter's high school graduation. I suddenly fell very ill Friday afternoon and ended up having to just go straight home and straight to bed. I was going to try to soldier through, but when I texted her mother to say that I might not be able to make it because I was feeling so awful, her response was: "Okay....when will you know for sure? I don't want to waste the ticket." That pretty much sealed the deal that I would not be going. Unfortunately that means that I will have to go to the graduation party now this coming Saturday, which I was going to skip. Oh well.

Then Saturday morning, Work Bestie came back over to my apartment to finish helping me organize. Last Saturday she came over and helped me do a major spring cleaning. I got rid of a ton of stuff and then she went shopping with me with her husband's big pickup truck and I bought a big storage shelving unit, a 2 drawer side table, an L-shaped desk and a hutch to go on top of the desk. Last Saturday, she was able to put together the storage unit and the side table. So Saturday she came back and put together the desk and hutch and then we loaded all of my minis and mini related supplies into it and it is glorious. I love it sooooo much. Pictures will follow as soon as I've had a chance to edit and upload them.

Then Saturday evening at about 11:30, I was well past needing to go to bed when my phone started ringing. It was Work Friend, who usually just texts. I almost didn't answer because I thought she was just drunk dialing me. But fortunately I did, because on the other line was hysterical sobbing. It took many tries, but I managed to make out "come get me" and "my house" so I flew out the door, having no idea what was going on but about a million different horrible scenarios were swirling through my brain. It didn't help that when I got to her house, all of the lights were off and she wasn't answering the door. I called her back and she was much calmer and told me there was a key under the mat. So I let myself in and finally found her all the way back in her bedroom. I took one look at her and said "Ok, we're going straight to the emergency room."

She was drunk and riding on the handlebars of a bicycle, the bicycle rider was also drunk and either hit a pothole or came to a really abrupt stop and she fell. There was no doubt in my mind that her leg was broken in some capacity. Apparently it just looked banged up, although her idiot drunken friends had to carry her in. They then left a beer on her nightstand and just left her there. Idiots. She thought she would be ok and went to sleep for a bit and when she woke up, she couldn't move her leg at all and panic set in and that's when she called me.

So we got to the emergency room around midnight. She kept telling me that I could just drop her off and go back home and she'd figure out how to get home. To which I responded for her to shut up and stop being an idiot, I wasn't leaving her there. Obviously she'd already had enough people just dump her somewhere. Thankfully it was a slow night in the emergency room and we left around 2:30am. She has a fractured kneecap, so they sent her home with a big leg brace and crutches and a referral to an orthopedic doctor. We're hoping she didn't tear anything. She's doing well today - she can't drive, because of course it was her right leg, so Elfbarker actually picked her up this morning and Work Bestie and I are going to take her to lunch today.

Sunday was pretty much a wash. I didn't get to bed until after 3:30am and then I was back up at 7:30 talking to Work Bestie, who I'd texted in the middle of the night to let her know that Work Friend was ok - she'd also called her, but her phone was on silent and she was asleep, so Work Friend had just left her a hysterical sobbing voicemail, so I'd texted her with an explanation so she wouldn't panic. Then I slept for a few hours mid day and just kind of slugged around until bedtime.

A little more excitement than I typically like to have on my weekends. ::P:

• Like 13

@Lord_Ashenwyte - Ouch to the injury! Glad to hear you tried some green stuff though. Have you checked the sculpting section? I've been trying it out myself. ::D:

@Guindyloo - Whoa!!!!! o.o That's a crazy weekend for sure. I'm glad you were able to help Work Friend and that you got a hobby area set up, though. 

*yawns* Noooo.... I've only been here for 2 hours.... 

• Like 9