Pathfinder Goblins as Santa's Elves, Part II (Bones) (89002 & 89003)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, does anyone else think this looks like "A Very GREMLINS Christmas!" This is awesome! They look great!

Kharsin- Thank you!  Yes, I thought so too. And I promise I did't feed them after midnight, but I must admit I did get them wet. :)

The Santa Gang, in addition to being BEAUTIFULLY painted,  are HIGHLY IMAGINATIVE with a good dose of pure FUN for good measure. VERY WELL DONE!

malefactus-  Thank you!   Coming from you, an expert in imagination and fun, I consider it high praise. 

I was debating using a small paperclip to fix the mace on my kobold leader.  Now that I see your candy cane I think I may have to give it a shot.  Nicely done!

JDizzO- Thank you!  Interestingly enough, while I was messing with paperclips I did exactly that.  I was prepping the Kobold leaders, and nothing I could do would get that mace to stay straight. So, I thought: paperclip!  All I can say was, it was a trick to drill out the mace handle and head.  and I actually went through the side of the mace head by accident.

Not the best picture, but the only one I have before I started applying paint.   Note, I used a small paperclip for the mace, and a large paperclip for the candy cane.

26698049400_2ff84ba542.jpg

• Like 6

Such a great group!!!  I can hardly wait to see the final few pieces fall into place to get this band together.

The candy cane conversion was a brilliant idea!  I think it was the subtle touch that really pushed the idea over the top!

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone, for the comments!

These are looking good! Please tell me you have a bunch of that Christmas Village/Town stuff that's always on sale around the holidays to use for your table.

The band does seem a little small for a Frostgrave warband.. will we be seeing more?

4tonmantis-  Well, I have that Christmas Village stuff, but I don't use it for Frostgrave.  I use it for the annual Santa-themed games our club usually does around the holidays. :)

IMG_8115.JPG

Yes, this is not the complete band.  I have posted a few other pieces already.. Here is Mrs Claus, the Enchanter Apprentice: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68353-christmas-eve-01550-as-mrs-claus-enchanter-apprentice-for-frostgrave/  And here is Yukon Cornelius, theTreasure Hunter: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68064-yukon-cornelius-frostgrave-treasure-hunter/   There are three more figures to go yet, and i hope to have the entire band wrapped up this weekend.  I should be able to post pictures next Monday.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 5

Note, that on one of them, I replaced his torch with a candy cane made from a bit of paperclip wire. (I love how easy it is to modify Bones!)

I'm betting that, with a small enough paper clip and some clever cutting, you didn't even have to bend the wire!

Love it!

Thanks!

No, I'm not that clever; I had to do it the hard way! :P. I cut a length of straight clip and then bent it with needle-nosed pliers. :)

• Like 1

These are the elves in charge of the 'naughty' list, right? 'Cause if they're not, I'd hate to see the ones that are! :blink:

They look great; way to go using your imagination here!

Are the pommels on the swords painted, or are they something else?

• Like 1

These are the elves in charge of the 'naughty' list, right? 'Cause if they're not, I'd hate to see the ones that are! :blink:

They look great; way to go using your imagination here!

Are the pommels on the swords painted, or are they something else?

Thanks!

Yes, these are the ones in charge of coal distribution and gift repossession (Repo Elves!). :).

The pommels are the regular round balls original to the figures. They kind of reminded me of Christmas ornament balls; so I painted them with metallic paint, added a little white highlight, then after I sprayed the figures with Dullcote, I went back and painted the balls with a brush-on gloss varnish.

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 1