Inarah

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I painted three but only have decent pictures of two:

post-5131-0-29120300-1464750647_thumb.jpg

The Pirate girl looks like someone hit her in the face during the last boarding action:

post-5131-0-90218900-1464750669_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jay
  • Like 14

Well I could have finished before the month arrived but alas I'm at that point in a project where I want to finish it but don't want to touch it or see it. Really all I have left is attach the windows (year, clear or craft glue time..... <_< ) & attach the rear spoiler (easy just waiting for that rear window first) & button 'er up.

Still, I do want to get it down just the last couple days here have been busy (daughter graduated hs last night, & my son finished up jr errr "middle" school, so things should start to slow back down). Again, I won't show pics as I reserve this forum for gaming/mini related hobbies vs model hobbies & such. I'm just happy to have a forum to talk about em due to the forum I was on came about me quiting due to a some major pain in the butts trying to rule/run the place.

Congrats on everyone that got to paint during the holiday thou!!

Jay, on 31 May 2016 - 9:09 PM, said:snapback.png

attachicon.gifGreenFighter.jpg

The Pirate girl looks like someone hit her in the face during the last boarding action:

attachicon.gifPirateGirl.jpg

Funny you painted Trinia (the 1st one), Paizo had a blog post regarding the hardcover version of that Adventure Path (Curse of the Crimson Throne) & they updated her artwork. She isn't bare feet anymore. Since I have one of your painted figs, the pics don't do those justice. Nice work!!

• Like 5

Well I could have finished before the month arrived but alas I'm at that point in a project where I want to finish it but don't want to touch it or see it. Really all I have left is attach the windows (year, clear or craft glue time..... <_< ) & attach the rear spoiler (easy just waiting for that rear window first) & button 'er up.

Still, I do want to get it down just the last couple days here have been busy (daughter graduated hs last night, & my son finished up jr errr "middle" school, so things should start to slow back down). Again, I won't show pics as I reserve this forum for gaming/mini related hobbies vs model hobbies & such. I'm just happy to have a forum to talk about em due to the forum I was on came about me quiting due to a some major pain in the butts trying to rule/run the place.

Congrats on everyone that got to paint during the holiday thou!!

Jay, on 31 May 2016 - 9:09 PM, said:snapback.png

attachicon.gifGreenFighter.jpg

attachicon.gifPirateGirl.jpg

Funny you painted Trinia (the 1st one), Paizo had a blog post regarding the hardcover version of that Adventure Path (Curse of the Crimson Throne) & they updated her artwork. She isn't bare feet anymore. Since I have one of your painted figs, the pics don't do those justice. Nice work!!

Thanks! I just got a better camera and I need to learn to use the manual settings to get better depth of field. Something for a less busy time!

Thanks! I just got a better camera and I need to learn to use the manual settings to get better depth of field. Something for a less busy time!

The quick version of that is to see if there is a setting called "aperture priority". If so, set it to the highest possible number, e.g. "22". At that point you might not be able to hold it steady by hand (depends on the light level), so you might need a tripod or improvised support.

Or start a photography thread when you're ready....

So we going to have a 4th of July binge too?

(Working the Saturday, and house full of Pathfinder peeps, but that golden 12am-dawn painting time is still mine....)

(Grumble hump day auto corrupt.....)

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 1

We could, if people have recovered enough. :)   I will probably get some painting in depending on what other activities happen. 

Why don't you start a new challenge thread for that? 

• Like 2