Rickdraco

First post here, Blacksting wyvern and Janan, female dragon slayer

Welcome to the insanity the forum.

Nice work.

Keep showing your work, and have fun!!!

• Like 1

First off, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, great first post!

Thirdly, please continue to post your works and ask any questions if you need help advice, or just want to chat ::D:

• Like 1

Thank you all for the warm welcome! to be honest I think the Wyvern is the better painted of the two overall, I struggled with the face of the dragon slayer, it's soooo tiny!!!

• Like 3

Welcome to the forums!

Good job on your first 2 figures after your return!

Don't worry about the dragon slayer; just keep practicing, you'll get there!

The big ones can be much easier to paint than the little ones.

Over in "Craft Corner" there are a bunch of tutorials to help walk people through some of the trickier bits of the learning curve (like eyes for example).

Welcome and well done these look very good indeed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skrill
      Hi everyone,

Here is my vignette featuring the Blacksting Wyvern hunting down a 500MD helicopter.

This is a little project I had fun with recently.
      i painted the Blacksting Wyvern from Bones a bit more than a year back and was quite happy with it collecting dust on my shelf (original post: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86236-blacksting-wyvern-speed-paint).
      Then, I stumbled across a 1/48 helicopter model I had almost forgotten about. 1/48th scale does fit nicely with 28mm heroic scale.

The creatives juice started flowing and I decided to make a surprise encounter between the modern warfare machine and the legendary beast.

I experimented as well with epoxy resin + food coloring for water, tree bark (for rocks), a couple of random 3D-printed broken statues/rubbles and toilet paper plaster for the terrain. I didn't have a clear acrylic rod for the flight stand, but wooden dowel painted black blends OK.
      I also forgot how much fun it is to build and paint plastic models. It is both similar and very different from miniatures painting.

I'm quite happy with the result even though I could have been neater on a few places and it is a bit big for my light box.
      C&C appreciated

• By DragonWyrm
      I painted most of these figures quickly or experiment when I did so. The exception is the reaper figure. I didn't really paint his face with too much detail, you can't see it due to the hat and what I did paint is sufficient (white eyes, basic colour variation on skin). 

Lords

Duelists
      They look better in person (I swear, the light makes the skin look washed out more than it is, plus the hair has darker shadows.)

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 

• By Skiatis
      This is my first mini painting, just finished it tonight. I have a lot to learn, especially the correct way to dry brush. But I followed a Reaper paint kit on the steps for their minis and this is what I came up with.

Once I get the hang of the minis themselves I'd like to learn to make custom bases, this one just looks awful as is.

For some reason I can't get the picture to show the color true either, it's a much more grayish blue than this bright color that is shown.

All in all, I'm pleased with its turn out.

• By Pineapple
      Pulled this guy out of the current round of the Box of Goodwill and painted him up over the course of two evenings. 

I apologize for the low quality photos, but I've had such low drive to get pictures taken lately that I just wanted to break the ice and get the ball rolling.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)