You wanted him BIGGER??? :blink:

Well...yes.  ::P:

I wanted him to fall more in line with the height of the other big Bones demons and the proportions of arm length vs leg length were bothering me.  Also, this is my favorite of the Bones demons and I wanted him to be more impressive.  Don't get me wrong, I think the miniature is just fine as made but I just wanted more presence when he hits the table.  Also, this makes him a better size for use as a greater daemon in 40K if I feel inclined to use him for that.

• Like 5

Cool biggerized conversion!

I think the idea of lengthening the mace is a good one.

Please continue to resist the Hellboy hand idea, though.

• Like 2

Cool biggerized conversion!

I think the idea of lengthening the mace is a good one.

Please continue to resist the Hellboy hand idea, though.

The question with the mace is just make it long enough to be two handed or go full polearm length.  Probably going with two handed, so say three times longer than it is given that currently it's pretty short.

• Like 1

Went longer than I intended but may keep it this length anyway.  Need to decide what to do at bottom, might sharpen it to a spike. 

Material used:  carbon fiber tube with an aluminum rod inside it.

post-7951-0-16619900-1463624889_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 10

Ok, found a spike for the bottom.  Now just have to let it sit for a day or two to decide if I like the length or if I break out the hacksaw and take half an inch or so out of the length.

post-7951-0-03722800-1463631142_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-30120900-1463631151_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 10

I would leave the length... it looks like it fits him and gives him that extra reach to thump his minions when he needs to!

• Like 3

I would cut some off, mainly to make the weapon more usable. If it is more like a staff, then it works, but if it is supposed to be a mace I would shorten it, so that the demon can swing it properly.

That said, this is an inspired conversion and I really like what you did with the legs. Adding wings and a tail is an excellent idea and I think making the horns more impressive would add even more awesomeness to the miniature.

• Like 1

Ermagerd!  He did some work on it!  Ok, so not much.  I did find some 80mm 'deep dish' bases so I glued him into that and am slowly building on it with greenstuff.  Also ripped the spike off the mace and am contemplating what to use as a but cap instead.  Probably find a bead.  Pics aren't best quality but I couldn't be bothered to dig out everything for a pretty minor update.

post-7951-0-86484400-1471565090_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-63160700-1471565100_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-98034500-1471565109_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 11

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this