Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Goblin Command (77349) (Bones)

This week I finished up the Goblin Command pair from the Bones 2 Kickstarter, Expansion 1.   Nothing fancy, just quick paint jobs to get them tabletop ready.

IMG_7011.jpg

• Like 19

I can't tell if it's the angle of the shot or the casting of the pieces, but the faces on both just look a little odd to me.

Nice looking paintjobs, though.  I really like the armor on the figure to the left.  If I had painted that, I think I would have done the collar part as some sort of lion mane looking thing (and it probably would have looked less than glorious with my current skill level), but I really like how you made it more of a part of the armor.  It gives it a really cool and intimidating look.

Another great paint job!

• Like 1

I can't tell if it's the angle of the shot or the casting of the pieces, but the faces on both just look a little odd to me.

Nice looking paintjobs, though.  I really like the armor on the figure to the left.  If I had painted that, I think I would have done the collar part as some sort of lion mane looking thing (and it probably would have looked less than glorious with my current skill level), but I really like how you made it more of a part of the armor.  It gives it a really cool and intimidating look.

Another great paint job!

Pippin- Thanks for the comments! Yeah, the faces are sculpted oddly on these, not sure if its a Bones casting thing or just the way the originals are sculpted; but there doesn't seem to be a lot of definition to the features, and they're rather contorted.   I guess I made a mistake painting the fur gray, as you're right, it blends into the armor too much.In person it's easier to tell it's not metallic, but I think a brown fur would have been better.  

Nice work!  I really like the basing as well.

Thanks, JDizzO!  While these are intended for use in an outdoor setting, I still wanted to maintain their stonework bases.  I figure this way looks like they're standing on some ruins or an old pathway. 

• Like 2

They're goblins, they're not supposed to be pretty! ::P:

Your paint job makes them look very good, though.

• Like 1