Ooh yes, more pictures, please. She's got a lot of character!

• Like 1

Follow. But!  Follow only if ye be men of valor!  For the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel, that no man yet has fought it...and lived!  Bones of a full fifty men lie *strewn* about its lair!  So!  Brave Knights!  If you doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth!

Beware the killer snail!  OF DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *breath*OOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Hey, its Friday, don't judge.  Also very nice work.

• Like 3

Can you identify the manufacturer of that piece?  My wife would be thrilled to pieces to have another snail to paint.  I got her the DSM Critter Kingdom set during last year's Kickstarter, and she loves the snail cartographer mini.

Very nice work, BTW.  It's a refreshing change to see a creature figure that isn't all fangs and claws painted.

The Egg

Edited by Egg of Coot

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Geoff Davis
      I know I haven't posted in a while, but I still check in daily on the friendliest mini-painting forum on the web!  Still lurking here while pursuing my obsession with OSL. 

• By Samedi
      Next mini off my shelf of shame: The little mummy from the warlord familiars pack III.

Only when I painted the eyes of the scarabeus I realised that the sculpt is one eyed. And then I was too lazy to add the other one. Oh, well...

Just a quick paint up, enjoy!

C&c welcome!

• By Samedi
      Finished!

This is another one of my long term residents of my shelf of shame. Stripped, re-primed and re-painted after an unsuccessful first attempt. 
      I tried for a somewhat mayan color scheme by googling pictures of mayan art and choosing the paint closest in colour that I had.

Fun fact 1: The mayas produced a special blue-green pigment which they used in their paintings. This pigment is very resistent to weathering. It's known as maya blue.
      Fun fact 2: Mayas used the same word for green and blue, meaning different greens and blues were seen as shades of ONE colour, not as belonging to two different categories, like for example in the English language.

I had a lot of fun with the water effects. But next time I have to cut back on the sea foam, it definitely looks better when applied sparingly.

Enjoy, c&c welcome, as always!
    • By Rat13
      Like the title says this new year marks the start of my fifth year of miniature painting. Though I've managed to learn a lot both through this forum and the internet at large I still haven't learned proper layering. To anyone who has ever stumbled across any of my projects I'm sure this comes as no surprise. So armed with a Reaper gift card, obtained over the holidays, I decided it was time to finally learn layering. 

If it wasn't clear I picked up the 2nd Learn to Paint kit.

With the instructions in hand I started work on the first model (77068 Anirion the Elf Wizard). Oddly enough after four years of painting this will be the first wizard I've ever painted.

Just like the first Learn to Paint kit the instructions are great. I actually got so caught up in going through the steps painting the robe that I completely forgot to take pictures. That may not sound like a compliment but believe me it is.

After just an hour or so I ended the night with a very nice looking cloak. Though I must admit I didn't push the shadows or the highlights nearly hard enough it is still a great improvement over my usual results. 

• By [email protected]
      first order - buying packs of goblins, orcs, skeletons, the mercenaries
      can't find a way to search for such larger groups . any suggestions ??
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)