LOAD the Board Game

Just posted by LOAD in the comment section:

"we made a decision to lift NDA today ..."

Before this happened, I seriously doubted that there was an actual NDA.  

Now I'm 100% sure there never was, b/c you don't just drop an NDA.

Besides, seriously... who here has ever heard of a company making something - and I don't mean just board games, I mean cars, electronics, video games, tooth brushes, sand paper, baby buggies, whatever - that said "Hey we're making this awesome new product and we can talk all about it, but our NDA won't let us say who we are."  NDA's are created to prevent people talking about products, not companies.

• Like 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It really feels like certain two or three backers are somehow affiliated with Prodos or have been given something to make them THAT enthusiastic.

Comment from CK Lai in BGG: "Ye gods. Amarice! That guy is like the #1 Demigods Rising booster. Ever. They can do no wrong. And apparently he's real and not a shill. He's either seriously delusional, or a teen with no life. 

He was apparently (reading between the lines in the DR comments section) the main guy that convinced the DR guys to switch from PVC minis made in China to HIPS minis made in Europe. Never mind that the original DR campaign only had the budget for made-in-China PVC minis. 

If you head over to the Demigods Rising KS comments page, you'll see his posts all over there and can judge for yourself."

Well, the creators are starting to answer some of the questions/concerns in the BGG thread. I'm still wary, but it does seem like they're ahead of things. I'm definitely not totally convinced yet, but I really like the minis, so I'll stick it out til the end and see what it looks like. It's unfortunate that this has thrown such a wrench into what started out as a really nice campaign. But they  probably should have seen this coming.

I find it very difficult to decide what to think of this. I find myself examining everything that Archon writes on BGG to see how much lawyer/corporate talk there is ... and semantics.

Worse at the moment for me is the rabid, fanatical group in the KS comment section that almost leads me to believe Prodos/Archon have planted them - which would mean an immediate drop of my pledge. At the moment, I'm staying in until I have made heads or tails of those posts.

• Like 1

I think a larger issue than the LOAD supporters is the affiliation between Prodos and Archon. Pu Pooh posted this on BGG on one of the BGG LOAD threads:

Thank you Jalek for the reply. Unfortunately, you response provided some further evidence that distills my confidence in Archon Studio/Prodos as a company.

1. Your claim of being the only ex-Prodos employed by Archon (along with Michal Pawlaczyk) is a bit disingenuous at best. According to this website: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08373380/officers, you (I'm assuming Jarek is short for Jaroslaw) and Michal are listed as current directors of Prodos Games LTD. Unless this information is out of date (plausible), then you are not ex-Prodos employee, but employees of both Prodos Games and Archon Studio. This implies that you have vested interest financially in both Prodos and Archon. Archon's financial books may be different than Prodos, but the factors that control the two companies financially are intricately linked irregardless of any promise that is made to counteract that effect.

2. Perhaps you did not mean to say you are an ex-Prodos employee (English is your second language I assume) and provide this bit of misinformation. Or perhaps you are formerly Prodos employee and the information on the government website is outdated. If so, please provide who the current Directors of Prodos are. This information should be public (and up to date on the government website, which means a lack of prompt filing on Prodos part if it is true that you are no longer director of Prodos).

3. The company check website you provided (http://www.infoveriti.pl/firma-krs/Archon,Pila,Raport,o,firm...) list Prodos Games LTD along with Ireneusz Ewertowski and Anna Pawlacyzk as shareholders/investors. Considering your last name is Ewertowski and Michal is Pawlacyzk, I can only assume that these shareholders has some sort of familial association with the two of you (wives perhaps?). It could be that they have no relation to you but that would be a extremely convenient/strange coincident. If there are familiar relationship, that is disheartening. I mentioned previously that I had work for a company in my youth that did some questionably ethical maneuver to remove tainted baggages associated with the company by creating a new company, transferring all assets (sold for "loss") related the old one to the new one and bankrupt the old one, absolving all their financial debts and responsibilities to creditors. They were successful in doing so because they registered the new company under their wives names, removing the link that creditors would need to go after the new company. ....

Along with the financial risk, I do not agree with the potentially unethical behavior in creating a new company to try and wash away all the problems that was attached with the old company. At best, investment in the new project will be used to help fulfill the old projects (which is unfair to new investors/backers). At worst, all assets would be transfered from Prodos Games to Archon Studio (Prodos Games HIPS technology supposedly belongs to Archon Studio since that is being advertised as their technology) and Prodos Games goes defunct which would absolve their responsibilities to full any more KS pledges.

• Like 2

It is deeply distressing to me that, as far as I have seen, the creators have made no statement asking the hostile commenters (both pro and con the project, either on Kickstarter or BGG) to be civil.  This strikes me as profoundly unprofessional and indicates that they are happy to allow this behaviour to continue, for whatever reason.

Have they made any gesture towards asking people to stop behaving this way or attempted to moderate the situation?

Edited by Carnacki the Ghost Finder