LOAD the Board Game

No. In fact an hour ago he was egging some of them on.

Deadwood, 
Did we? Sign on my door says otherwise. We deliberately left unknown the fact that Archon is running the campaign in order to maintain market advantage with Unicast production.

He keeps referencing "market advantage" as if the very second that they announced who was making the minis, that every other miniatures company in the world would magically gain their new casting process. Which of course is a load of horse manure because Prodos has been advertising the process for a while now.

Edited by Chrome

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on the KS just posted links to Prodos' most recent corporate filing that show that Jarek, the guy who runs Archon, is still running Prodos.

Prodos annual return and shareholders and their roles, notice the dates,names and roles:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/...

Prodos balance sheets, take note who signed it:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-prod/...

• Like 1

In my eyes they've done very little to remedy the situation at all. They answered a few questions, but in a way that just brought up more questions. I think they really need to step up and make some big moves to gain people's confidence, and salvage the campaign, if that's even possible at this point. I still have my pledge in, because I really like the minis, and before all this it really seemed like they had things well planned out for the campaign. Now they're bleeding backers, and not really doing much to try and stop it, much less move forward. My biggest concern is that if they don't do something, all the people that are on the fence will bail at the last minute, which could negate the end of campaign surge, or even continue to go backwards.

Modiphius and Awaken Realms have both made Facebook posts promoting the Campaign, and I'd like to think they wouldn't do that if they thought anything about it was shady, but there's just too much information out there to not be wary.

• Like 1

This was my biggest concern: Prodos ran a KS for Warzone, which ran out of money somewhere between the end of the KS and fulfillment. Prodos then ran a KS for AvP, and (after the fact?) admitted that they used funds from that KS to finish funding the Warzone project.  AvP is now in the same state that Warzone was in, with them not having enough money to finish fulfilling the KS pledges. (and they just sent out a letter yesterday or today saying that they had to give Fox a big chunk of cash so things are even worse now.)

So who's to say that Archon/Prodos won't somehow siphon money out of this KS to pay to finish the AvP fulfillment and leave some LOAD backers without product?

• Like 1

Modiphius and Awaken Realms have both made Facebook posts promoting the Campaign, and I'd like to think they wouldn't do that if they thought anything about it was shady

Yes, but when one of those companies hires Archon/Prodos to manufacture minis for them, they have a legally binding contract with Archon. Most importantly, they don't pay in full until the contract is fulfilled!

KS backers are paying up front and have no legal recourse should they never get their rewards.

Edited by Chrome
  • Like 1

The companies appear to be structured in a way to reduce liability of Prodos should Archon fail.

I look at financial statements at my job for a living and the company is heavily in debt.  They have £12.4k in cash and Â£144.6k in debt payments due within one year.  So the first ~£138k (gotta account for cash on hand and add interest in there) collected from the KS will go to paying off debt rather than fulfillment.  Just food for thought.