Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Painting Miniatures
I'm back, btw better video going on now.
Photos from left to right, bare bones, base paint, adding to the base paint, almost done.
Not pictured is the final result. I just haven't got around to taking a photo of it but it is in the video.
I covered all of the paints i used which were all reaper colors, what i did, and why.
Fun fact on image 5394 I ran an experiment to see what would work better. Doing naga green with pale lichen first, or waiting until after i did a black wash.
As far as I can tell i think doing both layers then washing works better but i cant pick it out of the line up so I guess it really doesn't matter?
Anyway I haven't posted in a while so wanted to get back in here say hi and see what everyone else has been up to.
The running joke for those of you who has scrolled this far. These are the knights of the banana. Since their swords are curved. I know that fixing the swords was possible but I felt being undead also the water in the river is turning over here making it very unpleasant to drink or use, i didn't want to dunk my mini's in it.
By Painting Miniatures
Hey guys, me again. This time I am back with a anti paladin I did after a few weeks off to pursue some other things I needed to get done.
I really like how the colors turned out on this one. I was intending for a black suit of armor, but I ended up giving him a sort of Dracula red armor by accident. Only thing I feel i could of done different or improved on was to use less red and more of another color. However I don't have a clue what that other color would of been to be honest.
The photos show the progression, black armor, painted with red. I wanted to give the appearance of black armor caked in the blood of his enemys, while making the cape clearly blood stained on the front where it made sense to be but not on the back. The shield I was aiming for the look of it and the sword being made out of bone but also caked in the well you know I don't need to keep saying it. I feel like the base of the mini could of done with a better paint job but again I wasn't sure the color to use so I went with green grass since I feel like that would make the most sense.
Six skellies, painted quickly during several lunch breaks, with little intent other than to be available for the table.
Given the state of their weapons, it is ironic that I used them to "knock the rust off" a few of my skills.
Color coded for ease of D&D mook-murder. I had a little fun with some traditional heraldic divisions on the shields.
Paints are all Reaper MSP. Blackened Brown played a large role, as did a lovely fleshy-toned sample paint.
... Pictures are quite bad, actually. I may reshoot at home.
Some time ago I picked up some Vallejo Verdigris, but I'm not sure I ever used it. This skeleton was a test case to see how the wash handled. Like most Vallejo, it was a little thick out of the bottle, but the color is right. With a some practice it'll make for easy aging of metal.
First time posting something here, since it's the first time I've felt like something I'd done came out really nicely.
Once upon a time, this was Tierdeleira, but I needed a desert elf archer for a game I'm running, so they stole 77384: Arathanel's bow and quiver and swapped what presumably would have been the traditional green and purple dark elf clothing for something more fitting to the desert. The arrow and hand holding it could have been better, but I don't want to risk the rest of it by trying to redo them. The cloak was a pain but ultimately worth it, I think. It will give the character a very distinctive presence on the tabletop.
Suggestions for improvement welcome, of course.
Who's Online 34 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)
- Reverend Shartan
- Pezler the Polychromatic
- Rob Dean
- Brother Jim
- Chris Palmer
- Original Timmy
- Balgin Stondraeg