Sign in to follow this  
Chris Palmer

Damiel, Iconic Alchemist (Bones) (89010)

I got Damiel specifically for the purpose of using him as an apothecary in Frostgrave, so I was a bit surprised when you didn't have him snow-based.

Love the usage of multiple tones here so it looks like a compilation of piece rather than just one big jacket (which is actually exactly how I had been planning to paint mine until I saw how awesome yours looks).

• Like 1

Great Job!  He looks a bit worried, perhaps because his flask is not as full as he expected.

Thanks!   Or, "That wasn't supposed to turn green!" :)  

I got Damiel specifically for the purpose of using him as an apothecary in Frostgrave, so I was a bit surprised when you didn't have him snow-based.

Love the usage of multiple tones here so it looks like a compilation of piece rather than just one big jacket (which is actually exactly how I had been planning to paint mine until I saw how awesome yours looks).

Well, we're  mainly using the basic rulebook and Thaw of the Lich Lord supplement, so I haven't come across an apothecary; so therefore didn't know there was one.  So,  I didn't think there'd be a use for such a figure with a snow base.  What supplement has Apothecaries in it?

Thanks for the comments on the paint-job.  I wanted him to look like there had been one too many things go "Boom" in his life, so he keeps adding layers of protection to his outfit. :)

Somehow this reminds me of the last words of Socrates....

"I DRANK WHAT?!?!?!?!"

Fantastic job

Lol!  Thanks!    Hopefully he doesn't drink much of what he makes; unless of course he has a still back at the lab. :)

• Like 1

The apothecary is in the core rulebook as a hireling option. They start each adventure with a potion of healing for free and have a staff as their melee weapon, I believe. Unfortunately, I can't check my book at the moment as a friend is borrowing it.

• Like 1

LOVE the vial; that is a SPLENDID effect that adds nicely to a WONDERFULLY  painted & based creations. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

Wow great work Chris I love this mini ;)

• Like 1

The apothecary is in the core rulebook as a hireling option. They start each adventure with a potion of healing for free and have a staff as their melee weapon, I believe. Unfortunately, I can't check my book at the moment as a friend is borrowing it.

Wow, you're right.  I had totally forgotten that soldier class.  Probably becuase it seems one of the less useful ones, and no one I know plays with one.  Honestly though, even if I have remembered it, I still think I would have gone with the green base.  I just can't see having use for one in the game very often.

LOVE the vial; that is a SPLENDID effect that adds nicely to a WONDERFULLY  painted & based creations. OUTSTANDING WORK!

Thanks, mal!  I always appreciate getting one of your well crafted comments. 

Wow great work Chris I love this mini ;)

Thank you, Limey!  

This is one of my favorite Bones, and it's always fun seeing how other people paint him. Excellent work!

I had never seen this one before and I instantly added it to my list for my next order....when im not poor...

• Like 3

This is one of my favorite Bones, and it's always fun seeing how other people paint him. Excellent work!

I had never seen this one before and I instantly added it to my list for my next order....when im not poor...
Ah, you must have missed the first Bonestarter. Pity... but at least he's affordable! ::D:
  • Like 3

Ah, you must have missed the first Bonestarter. Pity... but at least he's affordable! ::D:

I have tragically missed every Bones Kickstarter....but Bones IV is getting as much money as I can scrounge up the day that launches...if ever.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the continued comments!

I have tragically missed every Bones Kickstarter....but Bones IV is getting as much money as I can scrounge up the day that launches...if ever.

Oh, no worries, it will happen. :). The CAV one is finished, and the third Bones one wraps up this fall. My only question is will they do another CAV one first, or go straight to Bones 4?