Sign in to follow this  
Dai-Mongar

02677: Townsfolk IV: Bandit

Excellent color selection and very well executed. The skin is fantastic

• Like 1

Nice, subdued colours, that work very well for a highway man. The eyes look great and you successfully avoided the "startled" look. The only suggestion I have is to apply a glaze to the skin to make the transitions between highlight and shadow more subtle.

• Like 1

Nice, subdued colours, that work very well for a highway man. The eyes look great and you successfully avoided the "startled" look. The only suggestion I have is to apply a glaze to the skin to make the transitions between highlight and shadow more subtle.

Yeah, good call. I'm really getting into glazing now, it's amazing what a difference it can make.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By boldfont
      I’m still struggling with nmm but as the community knows, it’s pretty difficult. Anyway I’m generally happy with this figure. If you have tips on nmm that worked for you, please share. 

• By alchemist
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/147900702/black-hallows-townsfolk/description
      About
      Welcome to Black Hallows, where light and dark wrestle for control, where travelers must be on their guard as even the most innocent looking old woman could be hiding a secret... let us introduce you to the Townsfolk of Black Hallows.
       The Townsfolk is a range of 14 non-player character miniatures, crafted from the highest grade, lead free Pewter (This quality of metal is normally only used for masters). They are available in either 28mm or 32mm and will come with their own base toppers and plastic bases. They are ideal for use in role playing games like D&D, Pathfinder, etc. Use them in your war games or collect and paint them for display.
      28mm miniatures have 25mm plastic bases and 32mm miniatures have 32mm plastic bases.
      We are also offering any of the characters in a 75mm resin version (see below). 75mm resin versions have a cast resin plinth.
      All of the manufacture will be done in-house at Z1 Design, which means as soon as the first batch is ready, we can ship. So early backers can expect early delivery. We will deliver in order of backer number and it is possible that we will ship the first batch before Christmas.
       The future of Black Hallows -
      We are currently working on further characters including both townsfolk and hero characters. The main Black Hallows game is scheduled for release in 2019. This will include 4 factions and the option of an extensive range of scenery and buildings.
      We also have an author working on the Novel of Black Hallows.
      We have an exciting year ahead of us!
      PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAIN BLACK HALLOWS GAME TO BE RELEASED IN 2019 WILL USE 32mm MINIATURES
      75mm Resin Miniatures
      All of the Townsfolk are available at 75mm cast in resin. Centrifugal cast in a high quality polyurethane resin.
      Just add £18 per miniature to your pledge. You can choose as many as you like from the full range.
      Or you can pledge for the Collectors/ Painters Pledge which includes all 15 miniatures (including the Druid) for £240

Painted Samples
      The 75mm Blacksmith painted by Angel Giraldez
      Here we have the Druid & the Farmer's daughter painted by Elias Alonso
       We have to say a big thanks to Alfonso Prieto and Elias Alonso from Beholder factory for working with us to create this project.
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brassmonkeygames/ian-millers-grim-tarock

About
      Below you will find a sample of two cards from each of the four Suits - Citadels, Chaos, Fish and Trees. Each Suit is comprised of 14 cards (2-10, Ace, Knave, Knight, Queen and King).
      You can see more of Ian's work on his website, or you can follow him on Instagram:

[I've removed the website links to conform to the boards rules, if you want them visit the KS]
    • By joshuaslater
      Cool factions in this game!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1849625770/chronicles-of-the-wayfarer-heroes
    • By Rat13
      With my wife and I preparing to buy a house we've been clearing out a lot of our clutter to make packing and moving easier. We've also been working hard to bring in extra money too, and this project will hopefully do both.

Today my wife signed up for a craft fair to help sell the wreaths she's been making for the upcoming holidays. From what she's heard from friends and other crafters this particular craft fair is really eclectic and pulls in quite a diverse crowd. As she told me about it that's when the idea seemed to hit us both, why not try to clear out all that terrain junk I've been hoarding?

So instead of sitting down and painting or creating my latest joke piece I got started. First up was a couple of single tent encampments. I made one on a rounded base to better fit in a table of terrain and I made the second one squared to fit better on a grid system.

Both pieces have their good and bad points but like usual I learn by doing; no amount of research or prep work make up for actual experience. Which is the main reason I made these single tent camps. Hopefully I've learned enough to make any subsequent larger camps better.

Next up are a couple of joke pieces that were honestly going to get made anyway. That's right, they'll be 40k statues when I'm done with them, besides Buzz looks kinda like a space marine already. I had some glue left over so I also started making some sci-fi barrels and I know I'll be making a ton of those.

The last piece of the night is going to be a simple 40k watchtower. At the moment it's really just in its infancy. The main features are finished barring creating a door and applying some details to the piece. 

Now before anyone gets too excited, I'm not selling any of these pieces online or anything like that. These are literally pieces that are made to be sold for less than five bucks or so and are really only being made to clear out my hobby hoardings. 
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)