Sign in to follow this  
Garomero

Reaper miniatures Stone giant (Marble skin)

Great Job!  Way to think outside the box.  Also I may steal this if/when I paint a stone giant.

Do we have to ask? ehh I guess its polite... But yeah I'm totally gonna paint my stone giant this way!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adrift
      Galladoria Games’ floating crystals which will soon make their way into my Dnd game and a nice cozy fireplace and versatile fire from Reaper. 

• By 72moonglum
      Tere Reaperlased! 
      So here's another miniature from the days gone by, a Julie Guthrie Female Giant, originally in her All Things Dark and Dangerous line.  This is apparently version two of the miniature.  The first one I painted maybe a year or so ago, a more primitive looking hill giant lady, who has always been one of my favorite figures Julie has sculpted along with her female centaur

Julie Guthrie Hill Giant

Julie Guthrie Centaurs

Anyhoos, here she is:

and then afterwards a comparison photo so you can see her against one of her contemporaries, a female mage:

once again, color choice was so hard and I have no idea where the inspiration for purple hair came from. I think it was due to the fact that she wasn't a earth-tone hill giant, but a little more civilized. And we all know most civilized women have purple hair. 

Anyhows, hope you enjoy!

• By R2ED
      Trying something a little different this time.  I've got a friend who loves JRR Tolkein and I thought he'd really appreciate a little diorama.  Since I have to ship this, I need it small and durable.  

Now, I get it that Bilbo's sword Sting glows bright when Goblins are near, but let's just say for this story it's glowing because danger is close.  I have him in the stone henge area with a Wraith King coming around the bend.  Let's just say this is about to get real...

Starting this on some foam board.  I was going to use some chip board, but didn't want the glue and stuff I'd be using for the base to get soaked in and bend.  

Using the extruded foam core for the stones.  Carving them down was pretty fun.  I'm thinking I might add some runes or something into them.  I haven't primed them yet, so I still have time.  

The ground terrain is kind of fun - I used spackle, glue, sand, and some burnt umber paint.  I'll do some grass and floral additions to it. You can see on one of the pillars that I used a different mix to surround the stone.  That was the filler without the paint added.  

For the circles, I'll be leaving those open to put the minis into and can be taken out on their own.  I'll be basing them to match the surrounding area, but Iike the idea of taking them out of the diorama when wanted.

Open for any and all suggestions here.  We're still far from done.  

• By SparrowMarie
      It was suggested that I take an online Bob Ross painting class by my MIL as something to do while stuck inside. The kit and ticket for the class are like 60$. It was suggested that I just use acrylics and slow-dry medium. I think this is a great idea. I plan on using my Reaper paints on some heavy card stock or water color paper to achieve this. 

My problem is trying to find acrylic paints that are equivalent colors to the oils that Ross used. Anyone have any leads or ideas about a color chart or list or something?

• By Geoff Davis
      I know I haven't posted in a while, but I still check in daily on the friendliest mini-painting forum on the web!  Still lurking here while pursuing my obsession with OSL. 

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)