The gathering begins...

lstormhammer

No no no, I love your ramblings 'Hammer, its' a great narrative.  Maybe, we could say no post by a PC is considered "no action", but still keep the story going. In combat situations, a no response would be considered a default defense mode.  I would like to be able to post 2-3 times per narrative (if applicable) and bantering and small talk would be fun as long as it's IC and not far from the context of the moment.

SK    ???

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be so sure about that, SK. The character he should play is the one he /wants/ to play. Nothing worse than being stuck with a character you couldn't care less about.

Paladin, Cleric or Rogue. All is good for me, and I can bring it into th game with no problem.

Now stop yapping here, and go make with the RP posts!

--lstormhammer

Maybe, we could say no post by a PC is considered "no action", but still keep the story going.

SK † †???

I'm about to PM lstorm with a set of default actions for certain situations should posting be impossible. ie. 'if we're in a fight, shoot the nearest bad guy unless he's too close in which case whip out the sword and stand ready - otherwise move to engage/escape as appropriate'

It might be an idea for others.

okay, this thread is in two places, but i'll summarize what i said in OOC...

'hammer, don't shorten your narrations, the longer narrations keep the story fun & fluid. There will be plenty of occassions when there have to be many rapid exchanges & those will come soon enough. I don't mind the GM sheparding my character a bit to make sure that slow places don't become _crawlingly slow_.

as for characters, i'm with hammer. If you're not playing the character you WANT to play, you're playing the wrong character - even if the party seems to need other skills than you have.

<steps down off soapbox>

I was wondering where my Soapbox went...

But seriously, I'll just muddle along, soon we'll be out of Cutscene Land and you all can take a more agressive stance on what you want to do. BSKald's sending his character tonight, and I'm waiting for it before I post the next scene. (assuming people are done chatting, if not, I can wait and refine)

--lstormhammer