Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Bedlam

Stan Lee Is Not Dead

As of this writing, comics legend Stan Lee is alive and well and living in semiretirement in California. He often makes cameos in movies based on Marvel properties.

A hoax is going around that he has done croaked. He denies this. I am inclined to believe him.

• Like 12

Sigh. This one seems to be a perennial one. 

He was signing autographs at the booth across from the one I was working at this past weekend, so I'm glad to hear that our local show didn't do him in.

• Like 5

I know that Abe Vigoda used to actively participate in hoaxes that he was dead (until, alas, he was). Abe Vigoda had a weird sense of humor....

The Auld Grump

• Like 9

I know that Abe Vigoda used to actively participate in hoaxes that he was dead (until, alas, he was). Abe Vigoda had a weird sense of humor....

The Auld Grump

Sounds like he would have fit in here. :upside:

• Like 3

I think Stan Lee will live forever, he's probably been bitten by a radioactive spider, knows the secrets of the universe, and owns the actual infinity gauntlet. 

• Like 7

I think Stan Lee will live forever, he's probably been bitten by a radioactive spider, knows the secrets of the universe, and owns the actual infinity gauntlet.

My favorite fan theory is that he's always playing the same character in Marvel movies: Uatu the Watcher. Or maybe Kang the Conqueror. Or Chronos. Or...

• Like 8

I will never forget the time on Letterman when Dave was talking about how we'd lost poor Abe Vigoda... and Vigoda actually came out on stage to yell at him, "I'm not dead, you idiot!"

By that time, Vigoda'd already "died" twice, so it was maybe ripe for a good joke...

• Like 6

Hmmm... is Stan married?

If not, him and Betty White could become the ultimate power couple and rule the universe!

• Like 8

him and Betty White could become the ultimate power couple and rule the universe!

Maybe they already have...

• Like 3

him and Betty White could become the ultimate power couple and rule the universe!

Maybe they already have...

::o:

• Like 1

My favorite fan theory is that he's always playing the same character in Marvel movies: Uatu the Watcher. Or maybe Kang the Conqueror. Or Chronos. Or...

My favourite Kang moment was the time me and a friend played Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the highest difficulty but started at Level 1 because we had gotten very skilled.  We took Thor, Cap, Iron Man, and Ms Marvel.  We beat Scorpion like he owed us money.  Smashed Winter Soldier and his radioactive friend like chumps.  Made Fin Fang Foom cry.  Wasted Crimson Dynamo.  Wrecked Mysterio.  Mangled MODOK. 

We walked into Atlantis like swaggering badelfs.  Then we came across Kang.  He pulled out his pistol and shot Captain America dead.  Then Iron Man dead.  Thor heroically lunged at Kang and screamed:  "Run for the Revive Point Ms. Marvel!"  Then Kang shot him dead, too.

Ms. Marvel took off flying as fast as she could, and just as she reached the SHIELD point...  BLAM!  Gone.  And I always imagined the aftermath like this:

Dr. Doom:  "I've been trying to defeat The Avengers for years!  How did you discover their weakness?"

Kang: "I went to the gun store on 18th street."

Magneto:  "So... the labs?  Experimental volcanoes?  Asteroid bases?  And you just bought a gun?"

Kang:  "Every secret villain meeting I said you guys were wayyyyy overthinking things."

• Like 9