Sign in to follow this  
VitM

Bricks for the Brick God!

I love the ruined cathedral in the background, that's awesome!

• Like 2

& probably as expensive as regular Games Workshop models......... :lol:

That said, that is awesome!

My favorite Lego "sets" so far I think have been a Korean built SHIELD Helicarrier or Helm's Deep I've stumbled upon on the net. Thou the ones Lego makes for their conventions are pretty cool as well. Celebrities/Pop culture like Superman, Darth Vader or Frodo, etc etc

even more Hellicarrier pics!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12373821@N05/page2

• Like 4

Equally as expensive, and even more space consuming.

Still have the Monster Hunters sets... Dracula's Castle and the Haunted House. This caused me to accumulate a horde of Lego Zombies at one point.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By izzylobo
      Citadel has just released (to pre-order - they're coming out next week) a new line of Contrast paints which behave rather differently than conventional minis paints in a number of respects. 

I recently got a chance to play around with them at my local Warhammer store, and wrote down some initial impressions. 

Has anyone else gotten a chance to mess around with these, and if so, what was your thoughts on them? 
      (my favorite result down below) 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Dr. Helen Matronic, the Field Medic for my Starstrider team of space adventurers.
      She's trying to escape her demons (both literal and metaphorical) by exploring the furthest reaches of the galaxy.

Overall I'm fairly pleased with how she turned out, even if she is a little rough in places (her tunic trim was a bit of a nightmare to paint).

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Rat13
      With my Cadian army mostly finished (aside from painting nine more squads, the inevitable additions, and tweaks that never really end ) it seemed like a good time to start my wife's army. This week I finally picked up her codex and learned how to build the units to fit this edition (I didn't want to build a bunch of squads only to realize I was short figures because they can't actually take the loadout legally).

Next came the task of deciding which clan/clans she wanted to play. She chose the Bad Moons to start, though that could change, but since we'll be using an original color scheme they'll be playable as anything if she wants something different. 

Choosing her clan lead her straight down the rabbit hole of the Orks lore however. She asked me if I knew anything about them which led to a condensed explanation of their culture, life cycle, tactics, technology, and of course the Waaagh! I honestly wish I had recorded her reaction as each fact seemed to make her eyes get bigger and bigger as she realized just how much craziness there is to absorb. This of course led to us putting a pin in the topic, with me telling her that reading the codex is way more fun than someone just telling you everything.

Now she knows the Kill team rules and routinely destroys my Guard team but she has never played 40k, which means creating this army will be a joint venture. I'll assemble and paint the miniatures but we will create the army together with her deciding the troops and their loadouts. For the actual creation I'll be in a purely advisory position. 

So tonight we started out slowly and talked out the weapon choices of the Runtherder. She decided on the Grabba stick and a squigg, reasoning that she wanted the extra attack and the squigg's morale ability.

Once everything was decided I got to work building her Runtherder and gretchins. Then came the task of gathering up everything else we've acquired over the last few months. 

With winter still causing problems for priming a trip to my brother's garage may be in order.
    • By Rat13
      Over the past few weeks I've been teaching my wife how to play Kill Team as a stepping stone to 8th edition 40K. There was only one small flaw to this plan however. My wife intends to play daemons in 40K (already has her first box and codex) but the daemons are not a viable faction in Kill Team.

So we had to find her a team so I could teach her the much smaller game first. She looked at the different factions and decided to try the Orks. This seemed like a good fit to me, learn a more melee than shooting team in preparation for a more melee army. Seeing as we're transitioning from D&D to 40K we also have a lot of Orks to immediately create a proxy team for her.

I assembled a mish mash of miniatures and built her a fairly basic team. We started playing about once a week and I'd introduce new aspects of the game each time. This meant the first couple of games were pretty basic but were easier to pick up. This probably wasn't necessary as she had learned and played a ton of Song of Blades and Heroes with our friends but I know learning new systems can be daunting and a little intimidating for her though, so our first games were really basic. 

Now that we're pretty close to playing the game with all the rules, tactics, and abilities I'm realizing we may play Kill Team more than I expected. Which of course lead to the creation of this thread because now I have to build and paint my wife an Ork Kill Team for Christmas. 

I've already purchased two boxes of orks and finished all the preliminary work before painting, so tonight I started my wife's orks. I began with the skin and used Viper Green as a base. That received a wash of Citadel Biel-Tan Green, with a highlight of Muddy Olive which I thought made for a pretty nice effect. I used Nightshade Purple for the "armor" because my wife's favorite color is purple and I simply couldn't think of any other way to get purple on the miniature. And let's be honest purple "armor" isn't any odder than some of the "official" color schemes. 

Though I managed to start some of the other areas most of the focus tonight was on the flesh and armor. I've also decided to do this project in batches of only two figures; this being a gift for my wife I want them to look better than my Cadian team. 
    • By Lidless Eye
      Last on today's finished works, a selection of the Gellerpox Infected from the new 40k Kill Team boxed set, "Rogue Trader"

The faction leader, Vulgrar Thricecursed.

The Nightmare Hulk that makes me think GW is just teasing us about Mordheim at this point:

Gnasher-Screamer, who would also make a great Hag.  She's got a built-in coven!

The Gellerpox Mutants:

The wee ones, the Glitchlings:

• Who's Online   37 Members, 3 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)