Sign in to follow this  
Citrine

Khavith, Serpentfolk Evoker (Reaper 60078)

Beautifully handled. I love the contrast between the smooth, clean clothing and the textured scales.

• Like 3

Thanks all!

Guyscanwefocusplease,

Black is hard because it's easy to highlight too much and make it look gray.

Red can become pink if you highlight with white, or orange if you use yellow. Also red generally has poor coverage.

And yellow just has poor coverage.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ooook
      A small group of Goblins to use as opponents in Sellsword & Spellslingers or any other game. 

(clic on the picture to see more on my blog)

• By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
    • By MusicalFeline
      Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm on a bit of a goblin streak. Those pyros were fun, but now it's the Pathfinder Goblin Warriors!

As I did previously, I took a picture of them out in the backyard, just to see how they'd look in as realistic of an environment as it's gonna get, another in my little "Mini pictures area" (Spoiler: It's literally just my desk with a piece of white paper behind it. Sorry to ruin the magic! ), and lastly one of my favorite goblin. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

Sidenote: I'm still not confident enough to try out eyes. I'll get to that eventually. 

• By Maledrakh
      The last few weeks have been very busy with very little time or inspiration to paint, as the general lack of posts lately will bear full witness to.

As you might imagine, I was going for green magical flames.  I struggled with this, and it did not turn out as I had envisioned it.
      This one I count as a bit of a failure, and I am not at all satisfied with how it turned out. Maybe I will repaint the whole thing at some point but for now I am rather sick of it.
      At leaast it does look much better IRL on the table than when magnified in photos. Somthing which is a small comfort. The white for "teeth" does not work at all in the pictures and I might just redo that part and leave the rest alone. Or not. The wierd thing is that the white "teeth" are not that bad IRL. But once seen, it cannot be unseen...

What is this sorcery?! 
      Gah! Even the captions are uninspired. I should probably just go to bed.

77352 Demi Lich
      Bones 2 Core set, 2013, from the Expansion set #1
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello sentient painting creatures!

So here's one I just finished painting and just got his base finished this morning and some pictures taken:

from an eighties Ral Partha set of Julie Guthrie figures, originally called the Berserkers, with was a group of different types of fighters/warriors. Nice set, as is all of what the Goddess Guthrie creates.

With this one, I also am using as a comparison set, because I also painted this one many, many years ago. So it was in the eighties, before 1986 when I graduated high school, so this painted version is of an age between 34 and maybe 39 years old, couldn't nail down an exact date exactly:

I started out with the same skin and hair more or less on my new version, but changed up his wardrobe as to note make a carbon copy.  The new figure was painted with Reaper colors and the old version was Polly S.

Anyhoos, always fun to do these little comparison shots!
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)