Getting to Know Each Other - June 2016

Question the 20th of June: What is your alcoholic beverage of choice?

I seem to like dark ales, stouts and porters, lately. But I go days to weeks between such beverages.

new-holland-dragons-milk-review.preview.

Dragons Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout... ...is what I think they called it. I had to try it just because: Dragon.

• Like 12
  • Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to like dark ales, stouts and porters, lately. But I go days to weeks between such beverages.

Dragons Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout... ...is what I think they called it. I had to try it just because: Dragon.

good choice. I have that in my fridge right now.

• Like 4

I made the mistake of ordering Wynkoop's Chile Beer once. Chilis are not meant for beer.  :zombie:

My mother has been putting a weird beer in my christmas stocking for decades. About twenty years ago she put a chile beer in there.

Never again. That hurt twice.

• Like 9

Question the 20th of June: What is your alcoholic beverage of choice? (aka "Can I buy you a drink?")

Used to be whiskey straight up. Due to medical issues it's either cider or a Miller high life now.

• Like 5

A superb choice
  • Like 4

Question the 21st of June: Have/do you compete/play/pretend to dabble in any sports?

No.

:down:

I was always rubbish at all of them. But there were some I tried anyway. But, now I am too old/crippled/maimed/hobbled...

Have: I liked baseball in school: couldn't hit, throw, or run, so I don't know why I liked it. I liked disc golf. Was never great at it, but it was fun. But, I am too broken to ever try it again.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6

Question the 21st of June: Have/do you compete/play/pretend to dabble in any sports?

I've fought matches in Judo, Kung Fu Semi -Contact ( Wushu), Kung Fu  Full-Contact ( Sanda) and Kick-Boxing  and Muy Thai.

I won a few of those shiny cups in my younger years.

I also practiced MMA for a few years, but never competed in that.

Nowadays I try to follow the Air Force's Body Fit program at least twice a week to keep in shape.

Oh, and I'm a very mean chess player..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 7

I played Lacrosse and Soccer in high school.

I also used to be pretty good at 'full contact dancing' at heavy metal concerts.

I have pretty much retired from such activities.

• Like 6

Nothing competitive at the moment. I hike and backpack.

I used to do dog agility.

Hamsters are allowed in Dog agility?

Well, I guess the Dogs need something to hunt down..

• Like 6

Q21: I hold a black belt in Kenpo, and while it's not typically a competitive sport (aside from sparring), it oft gets lumped in with sports.  I'm generally not much for team sports.  My typical physical activities include Kenpo, walks along trails, and flat-water kayaking.  I used to run, but Plantar Fasciitis nixt that a while back (I've since gotten better footwear - I should get back to it).

• Like 5